Garlic Parmesan Stuffed Pork Chops are filled with a creamy filling made from cream cheese, bacon, and Parmesan cheese. They’re coated in Panko crumbs, pan-fried until golden and then they finish cooking in the oven. This is pure comfort food.
These stuffed pork chops are quick enough to make for a weeknight meal, but impressive enough for a dinner party. Add a side of mashed potatoes and green beans for a full meal.
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC PARMESAN STUFFED PORK CHOPS:
- Start by making the filling. Combine the cream cheese, Parmesan cheese, cooked and crumbled bacon, green onion and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Place 1 cup of flour in a shallow dish and 1 1/2 cups of Panko crumbs in another shallow dish. Lightly beat 2 large eggs in a shallow bowl.
- Cut a pocket (as large as you can) in each pork chop and season with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pocket with filling. Press the seam to seal it as best you can. You can use a toothpick to secure it if you wish.
- Coat the pork chops in flour, dip them in egg, and then press Panko crumbs into both sides. Sprinkle the coated pork chops with a little more salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat in an oven-safe skillet.
- When hot, add the pork chops and cook until golden on both sides.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and cook another 15 to 20 minutes or until the pork is cooked through.
TIPS FOR MAKING GARLIC PARMESAN STUFFED PORK CHOPS:
- You can use either bone-in or boneless pork chops. Make sure you get thick-cut pork chops.
- It’s very important not to overcook pork or it will be dry and chewy. Cook it just until it reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
- If you don’t have an oven-proof skillet, you can transfer the pork chops to a baking dish when you put them in the oven.
More Pork Chop Recipes
- Buttermilk Parmesan Pork Chops
- Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- Honey Pecan Pork Chops
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make:
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup freshly shredded Parmesan
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups Panko crumbs
- 4 thick pork chops, bone-in or boneless
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together cream cheese, Parmesan, bacon, green onion, and garlic powder until evenly mixed. Set aside.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Whisk eggs in a shallow bowl. Place Panko crumbs in another shallow dish.
- Cut a pocket through the side of each pork chop to create a cavity for the filling. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Stuff each pork chop with cream cheese mixture. Press along seam to seal it as much as possible. You can secure it with a toothpick if you wish.
- Coat pork chops in flour, dip in egg mixture and then coat in Panko crumbs. Sprinkle a little more salt and pepper on coated pork chops.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and heat oil in a large oven-proof skillet. If you don't have an oven-proof skillet, you can transfer the pork chops to a baking dish before you put them in the oven.
- Brown pork chops for a few miuntes on each side. Transfer skillet to oven to finish cooking for 15 to 20 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?