Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops are so juicy with a sweet, garlicky glaze. This is a great family meal the whole family will enjoy.
In addition to lots of sweetness from honey and brown sugar, the glaze also has some saltiness from soy sauce and some heat from cayenne pepper. Plus a little ground ginger for added flavor.
For a crispy coating, the pork chops first get pan-fried and then baked in the honey glaze.
I love to serve Crispy Honey Garlic Pork Chops over rice with some steamed broccoli.
Southerners love their pork chops. Check out these other ways to have a delicious pork chop dinner.
- Easy Oven Barbecued Pork Chops
- Creamy Parmesan Pork Chops
- Honey Pecan Pork Chops
- Southern Fried Pork Chops
- Baked Pork Chops
Crunchy Honey Garlic Pork Chops
- 2 tablespooons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 boneless pork chops
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil
- Melt butter over medium heat in a saucepan. Add garlic and cook 1 minutes.
- Add honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, and cayenne pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- While sauce is simmering, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine eggs and water in a shallow dish and whisk well. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and garlic powder in another shallow dish.
- Coat each pork chop in flour, dip in egg mixture, and coat in flour a second time, making sure you get a really good coating
- Heat 1/2 inch of oil in a large pan until hot. Add pork chops and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour glaze over pork chops. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
Recipe adapted from Sweet Tea and Cornbread