Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad is a simple recipe that really packs the flavor. Fresh shrimp, cherry tomatoes, and mini mozzarella balls soak up tons of flavor from an olive oil and balsamic vinegar marinade flavored with fresh basil and garlic and herb dressing mix.
A really refreshing appetizer or side for a summer meal. It’s like a caprese salad with the addition of shrimp. The shrimp have the taste of pickled shrimp and they are so good. With 2 packets of dressing mix, there is a ton of flavor in the marinade.
Can be served as is or on a bed of bibb lettuce or tossed with farfalle or another type of pasta.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR MARINATED SHRIMP, TOMATO, AND MOZZARELLA SALAD:
- 2 pounds large shrimp– the fresher the shrimp, the better. Use frozen shrimp if you don’t have access to super fresh shrimp.
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil– vegetable oil can be used instead for a milder flavor.
- White Balsamic Vinegar– Use the white so the shrimp and mozzarella balls don’t get discolored.
- 2 packets Garlic and Herb Dressing Mix– I use Good Seasons.
- 1 pound baby mozzarella balls.
- Cherry Tomatoes– You can use large tomatoes and dice them.
- Fresh Basil
This recipe is really versatile. Try adding cucumbers, black olives, red onion, or green onion.
Fresh basil is a must for this recipe, but if you don’t have any, try using some fresh parsley, cilantro, dill, or tarragon.
Make at least 4 hours ahead of time.
Will keep for about 2 days.
Be sure not to overcook the shrimp or they will have a rubbery texture.
More Great Summer Sides To Try:
- Summer Succotash
- Summer Squash and Onions
- Cherry Tomato and Cucumber Chopped Salad
- Broccoli Strawberry Salad
- Marinated Tomatoes
Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad
- 2 pounds large shrimp
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 (0.75-ounce) packets garlic and herb dressing mix, (Good Seasons)
- 1 pound baby mozzarella balls
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, cut in slivers
- Peel and devein the shrimp. Place shrimp shells, 8 cups water, garlic salt, and bay leaf in a medium pot. Bring to a boil and then add the shrimp. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp turn pink and are cooked through. Drain. Separate the shrimp from the shells.
- Place oil, vinegar, and dressing mix in a large ziptop bag. Whisk to mix together.Add shrimp, mozzarella and tomatoes.
- Refrigerate for 4 to 12 hours.Transfer to a serving bowl and top with fresh basil.
Want to Save This Recipe?
1 thought on “Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad”
Love this recipe with szechuan pepper and orange sauce!