Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes is the ultimate potato side dish. Who can resist the combination of cheese, bacon, and ranch? It’s pure comfort food that everyone will enjoy.
Potatoes are hard to get cooked through all the way in the oven, so to make sure they are plenty hot, I simmer them in salted water until they’re starting to soften, but they’re not quite all the way cooked.
Then they get mixed with mayonnaise, cream cheese, and a packet of Ranch seasoning. I toss in some cheddar cheese and crumbled bacon along with some very finely chopped onion. (Don’t chop it too big or it will be crunchy.)
Transfer it to a casserole dish, cover it with aluminum foil, and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and sprinkle with more cheddar and bacon.
More is always better right?
Pop it back in the oven until the cheese is melted and gooey and get ready to dig in.
With a side dish this good, who even cares what else is being served?
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Potatoes
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6 medium)
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Ranch seasoning mix
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Place potatoes in a pot and cover with water. Add 2 teaspoons of salt. Bring to a simmer and simmer until just barely soft, about 10 minutes. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, stir together mayonnaise, Ranch mix, and cream cheese.
- Stir in potatoes, onion, pepper, and 1 cup shredded cheddar.
- Stir in 1/2 the crumbled bacon.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt if desired.
- Transfer to a 9X13-inch greased baking dish. Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Remove foil, sprinkle remaining cheese and bacon on top and bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
More Potato Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.