Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower is an easy, healthy side that makes a great addition to any meal.
The roasting process wonderfully caramelizes the cauliflower and brings out a little sweetness and the parmesan cheese adds some saltiness. So delicious! It’s a simple recipe requiring only 5 ingredients plus salt and pepper.
- Medium Cauliflower
- Olive Oil
- Garlic– you can use 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder instead of fresh garlic.
- Cayenne Pepper– 1/4 teaspoon will add just a little heat. Add a little more if you want it spicier.
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese– I like to use a fresh block of Parmesan cheese and grate it with a microplane.
For best results, try to cut the cauliflower in equal-sized pieces.
For a little extra flavor, you can add some Italian seasoning when you roast the cauliflower or sprinkle it with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
If you don’t want to dirty a bowl, you can just mix the cauliflower, garlic, oil, and cayenne on the baking sheet. Be sure to mix well and get all the cauliflower coated with a little oil.
You can line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper, but the cauliflower will caramelize a little more if you put it directly on the baking sheet.
Be sure to scrape up all the melted bits of Parmesan cheese on the baking sheet. They are so tasty.
More Easy Side Dish Recipes
- Italian Roasted Vegetables
- Spicy Collard Greens
- Candied Green Beans
- Buttered Parsley Potatoes
- Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- Spicy-Sweet Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray and rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower into florets.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper. Toss mixture with cauliflower.Add parmesan and stir to mix evenly.
- Spread cauliflower out on the prepared baking sheet. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place in oven for 22 to 25 minutes, stirring halfway through.