Italian Roasted Vegetables is a healthy side flavored with Tuscan seasoning and Parmesan cheese. Makes a delicious low carb accompaniment to any meal.
Combination Of Vegetables
I use a combination of potatoes, zucchini, eggplant, red onion, carrots and cauliflower for this recipe, but you can use different vegetables.
What Temperature To Roast Vegetables?
Roasting vegetables at a high heat helps brown them and develop flavor from caramelizing. I like to set the oven at a temperature of 400 degrees. You can go a little higher and roast them at 425 degrees for a little less time.
How Long To Roast Vegetables?
The potatoes take longer to cook than the other vegetables so they are placed in the oven for 10 minutes and then the other vegetables are added. The other vegetables need about 20 minutes to cook.
Italian Roasted Vegetables Recipe Tips
Try to cut the veggies in uniform-sized pieces.
Feel free to change the vegetables up. Leave out any you don’t like. Mushrooms, bell pepper, yellow squash, or broccoli can be added.
Italian Seasoning can be used instead of Tuscan seasoning.
For easy clean-up, line the baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
How To Make This Dish Spicy
If you want to make these roasted vegetables spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. Serve them for breakfast with a few sunny side up eggs or use them as an omelet filling.
Try These Other Delicious Side Dishes
- Spicy Roasted Broccoli
- Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Buttered Parslied Potatoes
- Buttery Peas and Mushrooms
- Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Bacon
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into half-moon shapes
- 1/2 medium eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Tuscan seasoning
- 1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and grease a large rimmed baking sheet.(Note: Line with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean-up.)
- Place potatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and add the remaining vegetables to it.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil and the butter over the veggies. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Tuscan seasoning. Stir to mix and spread out in a single layer.
- Return to oven for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.