Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts are a salty-sweet side that’s perfect for Thanksgiving. The brussels sprouts get wonderfully caramelized from the roasting process. They are like candy!
Just 6 ingredients are needed for this recipe.
Classic Flavors With Brussels Sprouts
Maple and bacon really enhance the flavor of brussels sprouts. I don’t know why brussels sprouts get such a bad wrap. They taste divine with these salty/sweet flavors. The sugar in the maple syrup really helps the brussels sprouts caramelize and gives them a slight sweetness.
How To Make Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil for easy clean-up. If you don’t like to use aluminum foil, use parchment paper.
- Cut the sprouts in half lengthwise. Any extra-large sprouts should be quartered.
- Spread them out evenly on the baking sheet and drizzle with oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice the bacon into pieces and sprinkle them on top of the brussels sprouts.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes. I like to give them a stir after about 15 minutes.
Do NOT use thick-cut bacon. Or if you do, cook it halfway first or you will burn the brussels sprouts by the time the bacon gets crispy.
I like to give the brussels sprouts a stir after about 15 minutes. If you like your brussles sprouts to be a little firm, only cook them about 20 minutes. If you like them really soft and charred, cook them at least 30 minutes
How To Make Spicy
If you want to add some heat to this recipe, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
Try These Other Amazing Brussels Sprouts Recipes
- Kung Pao Brussels Sprouts
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Tabasco Honey Glaze
- Cheesy Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds brussels sprouts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half lengthwise. Cut any larger ones in quarters. Place on baking sheet.
- Drizzle the olive oil and maple syrup on top of the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slice bacon into 1/4-inch strips. Scatter them on top of the brussels sprouts.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until brussels sprouts and bacon are crispy.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adpted from Well Plated
1 thought on “Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts”
This recipe was amazing. I used maple bacon with Avocado oil to brown.