Creamy Parmesan Rice has so much flavor from freshly grated Parmesan cheese and garlic plus a touch of lemon juice.
The rice gets cooked in a mixture of chicken broth and milk instead of water. The chicken broth flavors the rice and the milk helps make it creamy.
Plain rice can be kind of boring and it is not one of the more popular side dishes at my house. But Creamy Parmesan Rice is a whole different story.
The creaminess factor together with tons of flavor from Parmesan cheese and garlic elevates this rice dish to a crave-worthy side.
It takes a little more time to make than one of those flavored rice packets from the store. But the flavor is much, much better.
I buy a piece of Parmesan cheese and grate it with a Microplane Grater. I love how finely it grates things, plus it is super sharp making it easy to quickly grate a lot of cheese.
Creamy Parmesan Rice makes the perfect side for any Spring meal.
Watch the short video below to see how to make Parmesan Rice.
Creamy Parmesan Rice has so much flavor from garlic and freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus a touch of lemon juice.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Melt butter in a medium pot. Add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and rice. Stir with a wooden spoon and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken broth and milk. Bring to a simmer. Cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon juice.
More Favorite Sides
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.