Cream Cheese Lasagna is made with a meaty tomato sauce, pepperoni, and 4 kinds of cheese. So rich and delicious with lots of bold flavor. Just the way a lasagna should be.
A block of cream cheese not only adds insane creaminess, but wonderful flavor too. A little more tang than just a combination of ricotta and mozzarella. You won’t find a creamier lasagna than this one.
And a few pepperoni slices in addition to 2 pounds of ground beef make this a meat lovers lasagna.
A full can of tomato paste, a can of diced tomatoes, a can of stewed tomatoes, and a can of tomato sauce makes for a full-flavored tomato sauce that really stays thick and stands up to the flavor of all the cheese.
Lasagna takes a little time to prepare and bake, but it makes a huge amount. This lasagna is easily 2 meals for a family of four.
Cream Cheese Lasagna Recipe Tips:
This lasagna can be assembled up to 24 hours in advance and the meat sauce can be made up to 48 hours in advance.
Leftovers will keep for 4 to 5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be reheated in the microwave.
Italian sausage can be used instead of ground beef.
I actually like to use cottage cheese in this recipe, but you can use ricotta cheese instead. If you’ve never tried cottage cheese in lasagna, give it a try. This is coming from someone who doesn’t really like cottage cheese. For some reason it just works in lasagna.
More Delicious Pasta Recipes To Try:
Cream Cheese Lasagna
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and break it apart with a wooden spoon. Once you have it in small chunks, add the onion.Continue to cook, crumbling the beef more as it cooks, until beef is no longer pink.Drain off any grease.
- Place skillet back over medium-high heat and add garlic. Cook 1 minute.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients. Turn heat down to maintain a simmer. Simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While sauce is simmering, cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cream cheese, cottage or ricotta cheese and eggs until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Spread about 3/4 cup of sauce in the bottom of the baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles on top of the sauce.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture on top of the noodles. Sprinkle with 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.Spread a little less than half the remaining sauce over the cheese.Scatter the pepperoni slices evenly on top.
- Do another layer of noodles, cream cheese mixture (use half of the remaining), and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.Top with sauce, leaving about 1/3 a cup of sauce to use for the top.
- Place the final layer of noodles on, spread with cream cheese mixture and the remaining 1/3 cup of sauce.Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top along with the Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil. (Spray the underside of the foil with cooking spray so that it does not stick to the cheese.)Bake for 45 minutes.Uncover and bake another 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.