Crock Pot Baked Ziti is perfectly meaty and cheesy. This slow cooker Italian favorite is a real crowd pleaser.
Only takes 2 1/2 hours to cook on HIGH. There’s 3 kinds of cheese (mozzarella cheese, ricotta, and Parmesan cheese) and plenty of meat. Serve with a green salad with Creamy Italian Dressing and Pepperoncini Garlic Bread for a full on Italian comfort meal.
This recipe is so easy. No need to precook the pasta and jarred pasta sauce forms the base of an easy and tasty sauce.
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BAKED ZITI:
Brown the ground beef or sausage with the onion in a nonstick skillet, breaking the meat apart as it cooks. Add the garlic, seasonings, pasta sauce, and tomato sauce and set aside.
In a medium bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, egg, basil, Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese. This mixture is going to add so much creamy goodness!
Pour 1/3 of the sauce into the bottom of a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Scatter 1/3 of the uncooked ziti on top followed by 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture. Repeat with another layer of sauce, ziti, and all of the remaining ricotta mixture. Top with remaining ziti and sauce.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Be careful not to overcook or the ziti will taste soggy. Remove the lid and sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top. Cover just long enough to melt the cheese.
Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
Try These Other Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole
- Crock Pot Homestyle Ground Beef Casserole
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna
- Slow Cooker Cajun Chicken Alfredo with Sausage
- 1 pound ground beef or ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 (24-ounce) jars pasta sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) jar tomato sauce
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti
- Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef and onion. Break meat apart as is cooks. Cook until no longer pink and then add garlic, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper flakes, salt, pasta sauce and tomato sauce. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, egg, basil, Parmesan cheese, and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Pour 1/3 of sauce into the bottom of a greased 6-quart slow cooker. Scatter 1/3 of the uncooked ziti on top.
- Spoon 1/2 of the ricotta cheese mixture over the ziti.
- Repeat another layer of sauce, ziti, and the remaining ricotta mixture.
- Repeat with remaining ziti and then the remaining sauce.Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 hours.
- Remove lid and sprinkle the remaining 2 cups of cheese on top. Cover with the lid just long enough to melt the cheese.Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?