This Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans recipe turns canned beans into some of the most delicious green beans you have ever tasted. So buttery with lots of smoky flavor.
This ultra-easy side dish is sure to become a family favorite. A recipe so good, you’ll want to serve it for holiday meals.
Green beans cooked in a crock pot are so, so good because they have tons of time to soak up flavors. Green beans are a little bland on their own, but add some garlic, onion, butter, bacon, and Worcestershire sauce and they are totally transformed.
Butter and bacon are two of my favorite “B” words and they really elevate the flavor of these canned green beans. It’s the ultimate southern side dish.
A combination of bacon grease and crumbled bacon imparts so much smoky flavor. A little bit of brown sugar is added to give these green beans just a little sweetness. I also add a few crushed red pepper flakes to give them a bit of heat. Double the amount if you want them spicy.
The green beans slow cook for 4 to 6 hours during which time the flavors are really melded together.
Is This Dish Spicy?
I add a few red pepper flakes to give these green beans just a little heat. Double the amount if you want them spicy.
How To Serve Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans
These Crock Pot Buttery Bacon Green Beans are wonderful for Thanksgiving, Easter or a Sunday supper. They make a great side for chicken, steak, or pork. If you’re looking for a non-crock pot green beans recipe, try this classic Southern-Style Green Beans recipe.
More Southern Sides to Try
- Cracker Barrel Baby Limas
- Buttermilk Coleslaw
- Southern Cabbage
- Creamy Butter Beans
- Old-Fashioned Cabbage Casserole
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 4 (14.5-ounce) cans green beans, drained
- 8 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspooon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place green beans in the bottom of a 4 to 6-quart greased slow cooker.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet until crispy, adding the onion when the bacon is almost all the way cooked. Continue to cook just long enough for the onion to soak up the bacon flavor and get a little soft.
- Remove bacon and onion with a slotted spoon and add to the slow cooker with the green beans. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of the bacon grease into the slow cooker.
- Add the remainin ingredients to the slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours. Open the slow cooker and give it a stir a few times during the cooking time.