Cracker Barrel Baby Limas are flavored with bacon, garlic, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and chicken bouillon. They have all that great country flavor that you get at Cracker Barrel Restaurant. If you’re tired of the same ole lima beans, give these Cracker Barrel Lima Beans a try. They have so much flavor!
I know a lot of people don’t care for lima beans, but I adore them. Especially with ketchup. I know that’s weird and I’m really not one to put ketchup on a lot of things.
Lima beans can be a little bland, but not these lima beans. They are super tasty. To make them, just combine a bag of frozen lima beans in a Dutch oven or large pot with bacon, garlic, red pepper flakes, a little sugar, and a chicken bouillon cube.
Only 1 cup of water gets added. Using as little liquid as possible really helps get the flavor of the seasonings into the lima beans. The lima beans simmer for 30 minutes, giving them plenty of time to pick up lots of flavor.
Cracker Barrel Baby Limas are are great side for pretty much any southern meal.
More Cracker Barrel Favorites:
Cracker Barrel Baby Limas
- 1 cup water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and lightly mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen baby lima beans
- Bring water and bouillon cube to a boil in a large pot.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir and cover. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer.
- Cook for 30 minutes, stirring every now and then and adding a little more water if needed. (There doesn't need to be much liquid, but you do need some.)
- Season to taste with salt. Discard the bacon and garlic clove.
Originally published September 4, 2017.
More Country Sides
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.