Super Creamy Mac and Cheese is insanely rich and delicious. One taste and you will be hooked. Whether eaten as a side or a main dish, this is a recipe you will want to make over and over. Three types of cheese give Super Creamy Mac and Cheese a whole lot of cheese flavor.
We have sharp cheddar (can you have mac and cheese without it?), wonderfully melty Monterey Jack, and last but not least – Velveeta.
I’m not a huge fan of Velveeta but there’s no question it gives mac and cheese a wonderfully creamy texture.
Wonderfully cheesy and totally indulgent.
Life should have more mac and cheese.
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Facebook.
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 8 tablespoons Challenge butter (1 stick) cut into 1 tablespoon-sized pieces
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 8 ounces Velveeta cut into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a casserole dish. You can use a 9x13-inch or slightly smaller casserole dish.
- Cook pasta until just tender. It will cook more as it bakes. Drain pasta and return to pot. While pasta is still hot, add butter, and stir until butter is melted.
- Add the half-and-half to the pot, along with half the cheddar and Monterey Jack, the eggs, Velveeta, seasoned salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Pour into prepared dish and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Sharing this recipe with The Weekend Potluck.
More Mac and Cheese Recipes
Tricia Yearwood’s Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
234 thoughts on “Super Creamy Mac and Cheese”
My grown children and my grandkids love this recipe! I only had penne pasta one time, still good.
It is good. It does need more pepper though and maybe a little more cream and cheese since mine came out kinda of dry
Huge hit for Thanksgiving. Making it again for Christmas! Love it!
Omg yeeees and yes! Yes yes lol. This was hands down the best Mac and Cheese ever! I used your recipe as a guide and added a few extra things but this here was too tier! It was creamy and delicious yum! My new favorite recipe! Thank you!