Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy cooks up so tender with a super flavorful gravy. Serve with mashed potatoes or white rice for a filling family meal.
Cubed Steak Makes an Inexpensive Meal
This recipe is such a delicious and inexpensive way to eat cubed steak. Cubed steak is great for cooking in the slow cooker because it is a tough cut of meat. The slow cooking process really helps tenderize it.
You only need cubed steak, an onion, and a handful of common pantry items for this recipe.
How To Make Crock Pot Cubed Steak With Gravy
The cubed steaks are seasoned with seasoned salt and garlic powder and coated in flour and then browned in some oil before being placed in the crock pot.
The gravy is a simple mixture of a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup, an envelope of brown gravy mix, and an envelope of onion gravy mix, plus a little water.
A sliced onion and the gravy mixture get placed on top of the cubed steak.
Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
The gravy mixes already have plenty of flavor and plenty of thickeners in them to produce a thick, richly flavored gravy.
Does Cubed Steak Get More Tender The Longer It Cooks?
Cubed steak is a very tough, inexpensive cut of meat. Cooking it at a low temperature breaks down the collagen in the meat fibers and makes it really tender. That being said, it is possible to overcook any meat which can make it dry and tough. It is best cooked on LOW between 6 and 8 hours, but I wouldn’t recommend cooking it any longer.
You will need a 6-quart or larger slow cooker for this recipe. I love using my Hamilton Beach Portable 6 Quart Set & Forget Digital Programmable Slow Cooker.
You are going to love this hearty home-style dinner. Be sure to also try this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy if you love your meats covered in yummy gravy.
More Ways To Cook Cubed Steak
- Cubed Steak with Onion Gravy
- Chicken Fried Steak
- Chicken Fried Steak with Jalapeno Bacon Gravy
- Slow Cooker Swiss Steak
What To Serve With Crock Pot Cubed Steak with Gravy
- White Rice
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- Super Creamy Mac and Cheese
- Southern-Style Green Beans
- Buttery Peas and Mushrooms
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds beef cubed steak, about 6 pieces
- 2 teaspoons vegetable or olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (10.25-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- chopped parsley, optional
- Place flour, seasoned salt and garlic powder in a large ziptop bag. Add cubed steak pieces one at a time and shake to coat.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat in a large nonstick pan. Brown cubed steak on both sides. Transfer to a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Place onion on top of cubed steak.
- Mix together condensed soup, water, and both gravy packets. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.