Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy is one of the easiest slow cooker meals to make. Just a handful of ingredients, about 5 minutes of prep time, and 6 hours in the crock pot and you have a warm and delicious down-home meal.
To me simple foods are the most comforting and this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy couldn’t be simpler. It will remind you of supper at your grandmpther’s house.
Shredded white meat chicken is absolutely swimming in a thick, rich, and flavorful garvy. Serve it over white rice or mashed potatoes with a side of green beans or peas for a family meal like no other.
How to make Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy:
- You’ll need a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker.
- The ingredients can be mixed together right in the crock pot so there are no dishes to clean for this meal. Just dump 2 packets of chicken gravy mix, a can of condensed chicken soup, 1 3/4 cups water, and some black pepper and garlic powder in the crock pot and stir.
- Add the chicken, place the lid on top, and set to cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours and walk away.
- Remove the lid from the crock pot, stir in 1/3 cup of sour cream to give the gravy some creaminess, and shred the chicken. So easy!
Leftovers reheat well if you have any.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
- Crock Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Crock Pot Chicken and Stuffing with Green Beans
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy
- 2 packets chicken gravy mix
- 1 (10-ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Whisk together gravy packets, condensed soup, water, black pepper, and garlic powder in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 to 7 hours.
- Add sour cream and mix it in. Shred chicken with 2 forks.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.