Crock Pot Sticky Hawaiian Chicken cooks up wonderfully tender and is coated in a sweet and sticky sauce full of chopped pineapple. This easy slow cooker recipe tastes great served over rice or as a pulled chicken sandwich. It’s a meal the whole family will love and the crock pot does all the work.
No pre-cooking needed. Just about 5 to 10 minutes of prep and 4 to 6 hours in the crock pot. Crock Pot Sticky Hawaiian Chicken makes a great meal anytime of year.
I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs because I love how tender and juicy they cook up in the crock pot with so much flavor. You could use chicken breasts instead if you wish.
Red bell pepper, onion, and onion flavor the sauce. The base of the sauce is brown sugar, ketchup, and soy sauce. Just simple, inexpensive ingredients you likely have on hand. I also like to add some crushed red pepper flakes to balance the sweetness of the sauce.
I take half of the pineapple rings, chop them and add them to the sauce. The other top I place on top for presentation.
After 4 to 6 hours in the crock pot, the chicken thighs can be easily shredded with 2 forks. If the sauce is too thin for your liking, add 1 tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with an equal amount of cold water. Mix it into the sauce and bring the sauce to a simmer either in the crock pot or in a saucepan.
I think Crock Pot Sticky Hawaiian Chicken makes a great meal over rice served with King’s Hawaiian Rolls.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Noodles
- Crock Pot Chipotle Pulled Chicken
- Crock Pot Honey Soy Chicken with Broccoli
Crock Pot Sticky Hawaiian Chicken
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium yellow or sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed dark or light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh ginger
- 2 (8-ounce) cans pineapple rings, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- sliced green onion, optional
- Place the chicken thighs in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add the bell pepper and onion.
- In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, ketchup, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic, and ginger.Chop up the pineapple rings from 1 can and add to the ketchup mixture. Add the pineapple juice from the one can. Stir and pour over the chicken.
- Lay the pineapple rings from the second can on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Remove the pineapple slices and set aside. Remove the chicken and shred it. Mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of cold water. Add to the crock pot and mix it in. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes to thicken.Return the chicken to the crock pot and stir it into the sauce. Place pineapple slices back on top.Serve with green onions if desired.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.