Slow Cooker Crack Chicken Pasta is full of cheese, bacon, and ranch seasoning. A very rich pasta dish that’s easy to make in a crock pot.
This slow cooker dinner is pure comfort food the whole family will love. The pasta cooks right in the slow cooker for easy clean-up.
What is Crack Chicken?
Crack Chicken refers to a combination of cheese, ranch, and bacon. “Crack” recipes have become extremely popular and it’s obvious why. It is such a great flavor combination.
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts- chicken thighs can be used instead.
- Chicken broth– use low-sodium if you want it less salty. (The ranch seasoning, cream cheese, cheddar cheese and bacon add a lot of salt.)
- Black pepper, crushed red pepper flakes, garlic powder
- Ranch seasoning– I use Hidden Valley Ranch
- Penne pasta
- Cream cheese
- Cheddar cheese– Colby Jack or Pepper Jack can be used instead.
- Green onions
You will need a 6-quart or slightly larger slow cooker for this recipe.
Three Steps To This Recipe
Step 1– Cook the chicken in the slow cooker with the chicken broth, black pepper, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. This step takes 5 to 6 hours.
Step 2– The chicken gets shredded and the pasta, cream cheese, ranch seasoning, and half the cheddar cheese get added in. This step takes 30 to 40 minutes.
Step 3– Sprinkle bacon, remaining cheddar and green onions on top.
Is This Dish Spicy?
The crushed red pepper flakes give this dish a little heat. For more heat, double the amount of red pepper flakes. Reduce to 1/4 teaspoon for barely noticeable heat.
To add some veggies, stir in 1 cup of peas or 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets the last 30 minutes of cooking.
Be careful not to overcook the pasta or it will be gummy. Keep in mind that if you keep the pasta in the slow cooker after you turn the slow cooker off, it will continue to cook since the slow cooker retains heat for awhile.
More Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes To Try
- Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo Pasta with Sausage
- Crock Pot Baked Ziti
- Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole
- Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 16 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 packet Ranch dressing mix
- 16 ounces cream cheese, cut in cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 green onions, sliced
- Place chicken breasts in a 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken broth, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken and add the pasta, Ranch dressing mix, cream cheese, water and half the cheddar cheese. Stir to mix and press pasta down into the liquid.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheddar, bacon, and green onions on top. Place lid back on and let sit 5 minutes. Serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?