Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole has a wonderfully meaty sauce and lots of cheese. Pure comfort food. The pasta cooks right in the slow cooker. So easy.
How To Make Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole:
There’s just a little pre-cooking. The meat has to be browned first and then all the sauce ingredients are added to the pan. You’ll put half the sauce in the bottom of a 6-quart crock pot, top with the uncooked spaghetti, and then cover the spaghetti with the rest of the sauce. Sprinkle the cheese mixture on top and cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
A NOTE ABOUT PASTA COOKED IN THE SLOW COOKER.
Pasta cooked in a slow cooker is softer than pasta boiled in water on the stovetop. I don’t find it to be at all mushy, but some people may not be a fan of the texture. Most people seem to love it, but there are a few naysayers.
One advantage of cooking the pasta in the slow cooker is it soaks up lots of meaty flavor and the casserole has more of a cohesive flavor.
I like to use a combination of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, and cheddar cheese, but you can play around with the cheese. Use just mozzarella and Parmesan if you wish. I just think the cheddar cheese adds another flavor dimension.
More Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes:
Slow Cooker Spaghetti Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound mild or hot Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 (14-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (24-ounce) jar pasta sauce
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teapsoon pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked,spaghetti, broken in thirds
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place the ground beef, sausage, and onion in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Brown and crumble the meat. Drain off grease.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, diced tomatoes, pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Simmer for a minute or two.
- Transfer half the sauce to a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add the broken spaghetti. Top with remaining sauce.
- Sprinkle on the cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Stir well and serve.