Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna- this mile high lasagna has layer after layer of noodles, meat sauce, and cheese. So easy to make in a crock pot. You don’t even have to pre-cook the noodles.
This lasagna is super meaty and spicy. There’s a full 2 pounds of Italian sausage in it. In addition to having lots of meat, there’s also oodles of cheese. Mozzarella, ricotta, and Parmesan combine to make a magical cheese heaven in every bite.
How To Make Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna:
- Make the sauce. This can be done 24 hours in advance if you wish.
- Layer the sauce followed by noodles and cheese mixture. You’ll have 4 layers of noodles.
- Cook on LOW for 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Let rest for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing. This will help the lasagna keep it’s shape.
- The noodles obviously don’t fit well in an oval slow cooker. You will need to break them and overlap them some.
- If you don’t want this lasagna to be spicy, use regular Italian sausage.
- Two pounds of ground beef can be used instead of sausage.
- To make this lasagna spicier, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
What To Serve with Slow Cooker Lasagna?
Try These Other Slow Cooker Italian Favorites:
Slow Cooker Sausage Lasagna
- 2 pounds hot Italian sausage
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes with basil
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 32 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 16 oven-ready lasagna noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it apart as it cooks.Drain off excess grease.
- Add remaining sauce ingredients and simmer a few minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, stir togther all cheese mixture ingredients.
- Lightly grease a 6-quart slow cooker. Spread about 1 1/2 cups of sauce in the bottom.
- Top sauce with 4 lasagna noodles, breaking them to fit. (They will overlap some.)
- Spread 1/3 of the cheese mixture on the noodles and then cover the cheese with about 2 cups of sauce.
- Do another layer of noodles, then cheese mixture, then sauce. (you will still do two more layer sof sauce so don't use it all.)Repeat.Finish with a layer of noodles and sauce.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or LOW for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove crock pot insert and let the lasagna sit for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.