Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza- This Chicago-Style deep dish pizza is so easy to make in the crock pot. Lots of cheese, sausage, and pepperoni make this crock pot pizza hard to resist. Until I tried this recipe, I had no idea pizza could be made in a slow cooker. This pizza is not only easy, but wonderfully delicious as well.
I love how thick deep-dish pizza is. There’s a thick crust, lots of sauce and tons of cheese.
This pizza takes 2 1/2 to 3 hours on HIGH or 4 to 6 hours on LOW. You have a wonderfully golden brown and cripsy crust with lots of gooey cheese.
Tips for making Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza
- Be careful not to cook too long or the bottom of the crust will burn. Cooking time for slow cookers can vary so be sure to take a peak before the end of the cooking time in case your slow cooker runs a little hot.
- It’s important to put several layers of paper towels under the crock pot lid to soak up the condensation and keep it from falling back down on the pizza. The crust won’t get browned and crispy without the paper towels. You want them pulled tight under the lid so that they don’t hang down and touch the pizza.
- You’ll need to roll the dough out on parchment paper and insert the paper in the crock pot. The parchment paper prevents the pizza from sticking and makes it easy to pull the pizza out in one piece.
- You’ll need 1 pound of fresh pizza dough for this recipe. Lots of grocery stores carry fresh pizza dough in the deli section. Some grocery stores carry frozen pizza dough. You can just let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator. If y0u can’t find pizza dough at your store, you can most likely purchase some at your local pizza restaurant.
More Slow Cooker Recipes
Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza
- 8 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 pound purchased pizza dough
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend
- 10-12 pepperoni slices
- Brown sausage in a medium pan, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon. Once sausage is about halfway cooked, add onion. Cook until sausage is no longer pink and onion is soft.
- Add garlic powder, tomato puree, and Italian seasoning. Simmer until thickened. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roll dough out on parchment paper so that it is about 2 inches longer and 2 inches wider than a 6-quart crock pot.
- Place parchment paper and dough into crock pot. Reshape the dough so that it comes 1 inch up the sides. If there is too much excess parchment paper, trim it some. Be sure to leave enough to lift the pizza out of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on the dough. Spread sauce over dough.
- Sprinkle Italian cheese blend on top of sauce. Scatter pepperoni on top.
- Place several layers of paper towels on top of the crock pot and fit the lid on. Be sure the paper towels are pulled tightly under the lid.
- Cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. Be sure to open the crock pot and take a peak shortly before the end of cooking time in case your crock pot runs a little hot. You don't want the bottom of the crust to burn.
- Lift the parchment paper to remove the pizza from the crock pot. Slice pizza and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Deep Dish Pizza”
What do we do with the sausage and onions?
Would it be too thin in a casserole crockpot?