Here’s another simple crock pot recipe for you because you can never have too many crock pot recipes. Especially this time of year when there’s so much going on.
Spicy Southern Kitchen participates in affiliate advertising programs. We may earn a commission when you make a purchase through links on our site.
Easy homemade meatballs, a jar of spaghetti sauce, and 6 hours in the crock pot are all you need to make these Slow Cooker Meatball Subs. Crusty Bread. Melted mozzarella cheese. These are sure to be a family favorite.
Jar Of Spaghetti Sauce
A jar of spaghetti sauce really cuts down on the time (and mess) needed to make these meatball subs. Use your favorite jarred sauce. I usually just buy which ever brand is on sale because while I do like some brands more than others, I don’t dislike any of them.
Easy Homemade Meatballs
The meatballs are homemade, but the ingredient list isn’t too terrribly long. Just dump all the ingredients into a large bowl, get your hands in there and mix it all together, form them into balls, place them in the crock pot, cover with sauce and 6 hours later you have tender, juicy meatballs covered in a tasty tomato sauce.
Make The Subs
Then all that’s left to do is split some sub rolls open, stuff them with meatballs and sauce, cover with cheese, and place under the broiler for a minute or two. Or if you don’t trust yourself with the broiler, which I sometimes don’t, just bake them at 350 degrees until the cheese is melted.
And super is ready! Easy as that!
Serve with a salad if you feel guilty about not having anything green on your plate.
You will need a 6-quart slow cooker or large for this recipe. I use the Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker.
Slow Cooker Meatball Subs Storage
Leftover meatballs withh keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days or they can be frozen for up to 2 months.
More Easy Crock Pot Recipes
- Crock Pot French Dip
- Crock Pot Beef and Noodles
- Slow Cooker BBQ Beef
- Slow Cooker 3-Packet Roast
- Crock Pot Beef Tips and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Spicy Meatballs and Marinara
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large jar spaghetti sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls
- 8 slices mozzarella cheese
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, bread crumbs, onion, Parmesan cheese, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, oregano, and garlic. Shape into 12-15 meatballs and place in a lightly greased crock pot.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over meatballs. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Split hoagie rolls open. Stuff with meatballs and sauce. Top with 2 slices cheese and broil until cheese is melted.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published September 20, 2015.