Slow Cooker 3-Packet Pot Roast- a tender, flavorful pot roast made with 3 packets: brown gravy mix, Ranch seasoning, and Italian Dressing mix. So much flavor and so easy to make!
The only other ingredients you’ll need besides a packet of brown gravy mix, Ranch seasoning, and Italian dressing mix are a 2 1/2 to 4 pound chuck roast, black pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. If you don’t want any spice, leave the crushed red pepper flakes out.
Easy Dump and Go Recipe
You can sear the roast first in a pan to give it a little extra flavor, but this step can easily be skipped to save time and reduce dirty dishes.
The packets create a super yummy gravy while the roast cooks. Optional: To thicken the gravy, add a cornstarch slurry to the slow cooker after you remove the pot roast and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes.
How To Serve
Since the roast has a delicious gravy, I like to serve it over mashed potatoes, white rice, or egg noodles. I take 2 forks and shred the meat some so that the gravy really coats it well. Great sides are roasted carrots, green peas, southern-style green beans, creamy mac and cheese, and lima beans.
You can sear the chuck roast in a pan to give it a little extra flavor, but this step can easily be skipped to save time and reduce dirty dishes.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. Can be frozen in a ziptop freezer bag for up to 2 months. Thaw in refrigerator overnight.
This roast can also be made in an instant pot- Instant Pot 3-Packet Roast.
More Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
- Crock Pot Beef Tips and Gravy
- Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles with Mushrooms
- Crock Pot Roast with Creamy Mushroom Gravy
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef
- Optional- Sear the roast first.Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of oil. Sear the roast until browned on both sides.
- Place roast in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Sprinkle gravy mix, ranch seasoning, and Italian dressing mix on top.Sprinkle with black pepper and crushed red pepper flakes.Pour water on top of roast.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove the roast and place on a serving platter. Tent with foil to keep warm.Whick together cornstarch with cold water and whisk into liquid in slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 20 minutes to thicken.Note: To do this step faster, transfer to a pot and bring to a boil over high heat on the stove. Let simmer for 1 minute.