Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast is the most flavorful roast ever. Flavored with Italian dressing, brown gravy, and Ranch seasoning, this easy dinner recipe is sure to become one of your most requested meals.
I like to serve it over mashed potatoes, rice, or egg noodles. Peas or green beans make a great side.
The 3 packets of seasoning are Ranch seasoning, brown gravy, and Italian dressing mix and they not only season the beef but form a rich, salty gravy that is absolutely delectable.
This recipe only takes about 10 minutes to prep and then it cooks in the Instant Pot for 90 minutes followed by a 15 miutes Natural Pressure Release.
In addition to the 3 packets, the only other ingredients are a little vegetable oil to sear the meat in (don’t skip this step. It adds so much flavor.), a cup of beef broth, and a little cornstrach if you want to thicken the gravy up some.
You’ll need a 3 to 3 1/2 pound chuck roast for this recipe. I love cooking chuck roasts. The amount of fat in them makes them cook up super flavorful and tender. Typically I slow cook a chuck roast but I love that an Instant Pot gives the same result in much less time. The great thing about this pot roast is it only tastes better with time. It will keep in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days. And it freezes well.
Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast Recipe Tips:
This pot roast is fairly salty. If you have to watch your salt intake or don’t like salty foods, I recommend using reduced-sodium beef broth and reduced-sodium Ranch seasoning.
I think this roast tastes best shredded so that the gravy completely coats and flavors it. It cooks up so tender it is super easy to shred with 2 forks. When you shred it, you can pick out and discard any pieces of fat.
Try These Other Awesome Recipes Using a Chuck Roast:
- Turn Instant Pot on "Saute" mode. When hot add the oil and swirl to coat the bottom. Add chuck roast and cook until browned on both sides.
- Press "Cancel"Sprinkle all 3 packets over the roast. Pour the broth over the roast.
- Place the lid on the pot and make sure valve is in "sealing" position.Press "Manual" or "High Pressure" for 90 minutes.
- Do a Natural Pressure release for 15 minutes and then release the remaining pressure manually. Remove the lid.Remove the roast to a serving plate or large bowl.
- Stir the cornstarch with 1 1/2 tablespoons of cold water. Add to the Instant Pot and turn to "Saute". Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes to thicken.Meanwhile, shred pot roast with 2 forks. Return to Instant Pot when sauce has thickened.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.