Instant Pot Crack Chicken is called crack chicken for a reason. It is so addicting! Really creamy with lots of ranch flavor, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, plus green onions. It tastes great eaten as is, but it also makes a great sandwich. You could even serve it as a dip.
Quick and Easy Dinner Recipe
Besides the flavor of this chicken, the best thing about it is it can be made so fast. Four chicken breasts along with a block of cream cheese and a packet of dry ranch seasoning are cooked under high pressure in an Instant Pot for 15 minutes. You also need to add 1/2 cup of water.
At the end of the 15 minutes, do a quick pressure release by turning the valve to “venting” until the pin drops. Remove just the chicken from the pot, it will be really tender and it will shred easily.
Make The Sauce
The liquid will be a little watery and the cream cheese won’t completely be incorporated. To finish up the sauce, first whisk it vigorously to get the cream cheese smooth. Then add some cornstarch mixed with either a little cooled cooking liquid or some cold water. Cook on “Saute” mode until the sauce simmers and thickens. Return the shredded chicken to the pot along with the shredded cheddar cheese.
Then add the bacon and green onions and get ready to dig in. This is one creamy and delicious chicken recipe and it is sure to become a family favorite!
You will need a pressure cooker for this recipe. I use a 6-quart Instant Pot.
TRY THESE OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Mississippi Roast
- Instant Pot 3-Packet Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta
Watch the short video below to see how to make this easy recipe!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions
- Place chicken and cream cheese in Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the top and add 1/2 cup water.
- Close Intstant Pot and set to High Pressure for 15 minutes. Be sure you turn the valve to “sealing”.
- Do a quick pressure release. Once pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove about 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid from the pot and place in a small bowl to cool.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred.
- Turn Instant Pot to “Saute” mode and whisk the liquid vigurously to break up the cream cheese. When liquid comes to a simmer, stir the cornstarch into the 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid you removed from the pot. (It should no longer be hot. If it is, stir the cornstrach into 2 to 3 teaspoons of cold water instead.)
- Add cornstarch mixture to the Instant Pot. Cook and whisk until it thickens. Then add chicken back to pot along with cheddar cheese. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Adventures of a Nurse
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
69 thoughts on “Instant Pot Crack Chicken”
I don’t have an instant pot. Is there another way to make this?
This is amazing! We love it with the Spicy ranch seasoning instead of regular!
What A great suggestion Madison! You and my daughter have the same name 🙂
This was a big hit at my house! I used chicken broth instead of water and it came out amazing!! Thanks for the quick and easy dinner!
So easy and so delicious! I added a cup of chicken broth and a 1/2 cup or milk and a little more cornstarch and made it a pasta sauce!
My family loves this!!
Great tasting recipe! If you want to make sure that the burn notice doesn’t come up just put the half cup of either water, or chicken stock in the pot first. Then your trivet and the chicken breasts and pressure cook them for 15 minutes (20 if frozen) and let them go to 20 minutes natural release and flip the lever to release any remaing pressure until the pin drops, or you don’t hear any more pressure releasing. (Sometimes the pin doesn’t drop, so tap it with the end of your spoon and it will if the pressure is gone.) Pull the chicken out and shred. Pull the trivet out, set on saute and throw the cream cheese and ranch into the pot and whisk until melted. Add the cornstarch and cool liquid mix now if it needs thickening. Throw the shredded chicken in and stir in the cheddar and bacon, or just serve and then sprinkle the cheddar, bacon and green onions on top.
I don’t put the cream cheese in during PC
sprinkle each side of chix with S&P, onion powder and garlic powder & sit for about 20 mins
1 cup of water in the inner pot & don’t use trivet.
PC chix for 10 minutes and then NPR until pin drops. Remove chix to and remove most of the water (which is now a useful broth, so save it). Keep IP on Warm cycle. Then add in the cream cheese to bottom of inner pot and top with ranch mix. Shred chix and then add back to pot. Stir. You can stir in some bacon and green onions and reserve some for topping.
This is going to be our go to picnic recipe from now on. Its great warm, but it tastes even better the next day on a burger bun with lettuce