Instant Pot Crack Chicken is called crack chicken for a reason. It is so addicting! Really creamy with lots of ranch flavor, bacon, cream cheese, cheddar cheese, plus green onions. It tastes great eaten as is, but it also makes a great sandwich. You could even serve it as a dip.
Besides the flavor of this chicken, the best thing about it is it can be made so fast. Four chicken breasts along with a block of cream cheese and a packet of dry ranch seasoning are cooked under high pressure in an Instant Pot for 15 minutes. You also need to add 1/2 cup of water.
At the end of the 15 minutes, do a quick pressure release by turning the valve to “venting” until the pin drops. Remove just the chicken from the pot, it will be really tender and it will shred easily.
The liquid will be a little watery and the cream cheese won’t completely be incorporated. To finish up the sauce, first whisk it vigorously to get the cream cheese smooth. Then add some cornstarch mixed with either a little cooled cooking liquid or some cold water. Cook on “Saute” mode until the sauce simmers and thickens. Return the shredded chicken to the pot along with the shredded cheddar cheese. Then add the bacon and green onions and get ready to dig in. This is one creamy and delicious chicken recipe and it is sure to become a family favorite!
TRY THESE OTHER INSTANT POT RECIPES
Watch the short video below to see how to make this easy recipe!
Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Place chicken and cream cheese in Instant Pot.
- Sprinkle ranch seasoning over the top and add 1/2 cup water.
- Close Intstant Pot and set to High Pressure for 15 minutes. Be sure you turn the valve to "sealing".
- Do a quick pressure release. Once pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove about 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid from the pot and place in a small bowl to cool.
- Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred.
- Turn Instant Pot to "Saute" mode and whisk the liquid vigurously to break up the cream cheese. When liquid comes to a simmer, stir the cornstarch into the 2 to 3 teaspoons of liquid you removed from the pot. (It should no longer be hot. If it is, stir the cornstrach into 2 to 3 teaspoons of cold water instead.)
- Add cornstarch mixture to the Instant Pot. Cook and whisk until it thickens. Then add chicken back to pot along with cheddar cheese. Turn Instant Pot off.
- Sprinkle bacon and green onions on top and serve.
Recipe adapted from Adventures of a Nurse
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.