Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken consists of tender boneless chicken breasts covered in a creamy lemon sauce flavored with garlic and Parmesan cheese. So quick and easy to make in your Instant Pot. I love to serve this chicken over rice with green beans.
To make Instant Pot Lemon Chicken I use my 6-quart Instant Pot. I love my Instant Pot and use it all the time. Scroll down for more Instant Pot recipes.
My favorite thing about cooking in an Instant Pot is that you can do everything, including saute, right in the Instant Pot.
To really build lots of flavor for this Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken, you’ll begin by sauteing some garlic and onion in butter and olive oil.
Then you’ll add the chicken, chicken broth, lemon juice, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pressure cook on HIGH for just 8 minutes.
After 8 minutes, the chicken will be perfectly tender and moist. Remove it from the Instant Pot and turn the Instant Pot to saute mode to reduce the sauce some.
To finish the sauce, 1/2 cup heavy cream, some Parmesan cheese, and some cornstarch get added. The cornstarch will help thicken the sauce some.
This Creamy Lemon Chicken has so much fresh lemon flavor and the cream and Parmesan cheese add some richness. This is a chicken dish that’s easy enough for a weeknight meal, but also worthy of a special occasion.
Tips for making Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- Since chicken breasts are so large, I like to cut each one in half horizontally into 2 thinner pieces. Not only will they cook more quickly in the Instant Pot, but they are more properly portioned for a single serving.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Chicken
- Instant Pot Creamy Shells and Beef
- Instant Pot Swiss Chicken
Instant Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow or sweet onion
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cut each chicken breast apart horizontally into 2 thinner pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Turn Instant Pot on "Saute" mode. When hot, add butter and olive oil. When butter has melted, add garlic and onion and cook for 2 minutes. Turn Instant pot off.
- Add chicken, chicken broth. lemon juice, lemon zest, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt.
- Place lid on Instant Pot. Make sure valve is in sealing position. Pressure Cook on HIGH for 8 minutes. Do a quick pressure release. When the pin drops, remove the lid.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Turn the Instant pot to "Saute" mode and simmer the liquid for 5 minutes to reduce it.
- Add cream. Mix cornstarch with 1 1/2 teaspoons water and mix into the liquid. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Turn Instant Pot off and stir in cheese until melted. To serve, spoon sauce over chicken.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.