Instant Pot Swiss Chicken is a chicken and stuffing casserole with lots of cheesy goodness. Chicken breasts are cooked in broth in the Instant Pot until juicy and tender and then topped with Swiss cheese and a creamy stuffing mix. This Instant Pot recipe is sure to be a family favorite. You’ll be fighting over the leftovers!
I love a Swiss Chicken Casserole like this Sandy’s Chicken. Typically it is baked in the oven, but I had a feeling it would taste even better in a pressure cooker. And it did.
Except the first time I tried it in the Instant Pot, it was a disaster. The cheese burnt on the bottom and I ended up having to scrape the whole thing out of the Instant Pot and finish it in the oven.
The trick is to cook the chicken breasts in chicken broth in the Instant Pot until they are about halfway done and then add the cheese and stuffing mix.
The pictures don’t really do it justice but give this Instant Pot Swiss Chicken recipe a try and you’ll see why it is one of my very favorite recipes.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 6-ounce box Stovetop stuffing
- 1 can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Pour chicken broth into a 6-quart Instant Pot. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the Instant Pot.
- Place the lid on and make sure the valve is in "sealing" position. Set to Pressure Cook on HIGH for 8 minutes.
- Manually release the pressure and when the pin drops, open the Instant Pot. Place Swiss cheese slices on top of chicken.
- In a medium bowl, stir together dry stuffing mix, condensed soup, milk, and melted butter. Do not overmix. Place mixture on top of cheese slices.
- Place lid on pot and put valve in "sealing" position. Pressure cook on HIGH for 4 minutes. Manually release pressure and serve.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.