Creamy Baked Swiss Chicken is an easy comfort food meal that the whole family will enjoy. It can be prepped in about 5 minutes and then it just needs about 50 minutes of hands off time in the oven. Serve it over rice with some green beans for a truly delicious dinner.
Boneless, skinless chicken breasts are seasoned with salt, pepper, and garlic powder and then placed in a baking dish. Cover them with swiss cheese slices and top the cheese with a mixture of mayonnaise, sour cream, and a little Thousand Island salad dressing. The Thousand Island Dressing gives just a touch of sweetness and if you are a lover of Reuben sandwiches, you will love the combination of Swiss cheese and Thousand Island in this baked chicken recipe.
Finally, sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top and pop it in the oven to bake. The chicken bakes up moist and tender and there’s a creamy, cheesy layer on top that gets wonderfully golden and crispy on the outside. Creamy Baked Swiss Chicken is an easy dinner you’ll want to make again and again.
F you have an Instant Pot, try this Instant Pot Swiss Chicken.
More Chicken Dinners
- Creamed Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken Thighs with Mustard Cream Sauce
- Baked Parmesan Chicken
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Creamy Baked Swiss Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 slices thin swiss cheese
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Thousand Island dressing
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Season chicken breasts with the salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Place chicken breasts in a lightly greased baking dish and cover with swiss cheese slices.
- In a small bowl, stir together mayonnaise, sour cream, and Thousand Island. Spoon on top of cheese.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes. Serve with rice.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.