Baked Caesar Chicken is wonderfully creamy with just the right amount of cheese flavor. This chicken will literally melt in your mouth.
Easy Recipe and Only 6 Ingredients
Baked Caesar Chicken is one of my favorite weeknight chicken dinners. It only takes 10 to 15 minutes to prep and then 30 minutes to bake. I like to broil it for a few minutes at the end to get the top nice and golden and bubbly.
Ingredients Needed For Baked Caesar Chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts– If they are huge, use 2 and cut each one in half horizontally.
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Caesar Dressing– Adds lots of salty flavor to the chicken and helps keep it moist and juicy.
- Sour Cream– makes the sauce creamier.
- Mozzarella Cheese– provolone cheese can be substituted.
- Parmesan Cheese
Type Of Caesar Dressing
Use a good quality Caesar Dressing since it is the main flavor component. I like Marie’s Simply Dressed Caesar.
How To Serve
I like to serve this chicken with a green salad with Creamy Italian Dressing, Italian Roasted Vegetables, or Steamed Broccoli. Since it has a lot of sauce, I like to serve it over white rice or mashed potatoes. It can be served over cauliflower rice for a low carb meal.
How Long To Cook
Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F. To ensure it is done, use a quick-read thermometer. Cooking time can vary since chicken breast sizes vary greatly.
How To Make Spicy
To make this chicken dish spicy, add 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
More Easy Weeknight Chicken Recipes
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- Smothered Chicken Breasts
- Chicken with Creole Mustard Cream Sauce
- Creamed Chicken and Biscuits
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup Caesar dressing
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9×13-inch or slightly smaller baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.Note: Just use a little salt. Caesar dressing is very salty.
- In a bowl, stir together Caesar dressing and sour cream. Coat both sides of chicken with Caesar dressing mixture.Arrange chicken in prepared baking dish, spooning any extra Caesar dressing mixture on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the chicken.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes.Note: If your chicken breasts are really thick, add 5 to 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.