Instant Pot Taco Soup has so much southwestern flavor and it’s a breeze to make. The Instant Pot really heats and pressurizes the ingredients so that the soup develops tons of flavor in a short amount of time.
Lots of ground beef, beans, onion, a packet of taco seasoning, a packet of Ranch seasoning combine to make a delicious taco soup. Leftovers can be frozen and reheated for a second meal.
What I love most about an Instant Pot is you can do a recipe start to finish in it, including sauteing. Start by using the saute mode to brown 2 pounds of ground beef along with a chopped onion. Then add the remaining ingredients and set to Pressure Cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
If you just recently purchased an Instant Pot and haven’t used it much, Instant Pot Taco Soup is a good, easy recipe to try.
More Easy Instant Pot Recipes to try:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with chilies
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, do NOT drain
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can light kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can dark kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- sour cream, avocado, fresh cilantro, optional
- Turn the Instant Pot onto "Saute" mode. Lightly coat the pot with cooking spray. Add ground beef. Break it apart with a wooden spoon and let it cook a little and then add onion. Continue to cook until onion is soft and ground beef is no longer pink. If there is excess grease, you can drain it off.
- Add seasonings and stir to mix well.
- Add remaing ingredients. If pot is getting too full, you can add the beans at the end.
- Turn Instant Pot off. Put lid on and turn valve to "sealing". Set it for Pressure Cook on High for 10 minutes. It won't start counting down the time until the pressure builds up which can take as long as 15 minutes.
- Once time is done, do a quick pressure release. Once pin drops, remove lid.
- If you didn't add beans before, stir them in now. Check for seasoning and add salt if needed.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.