Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken is wonderfully creamy and rich and loaded with bacon, jalapenos, cream cheese, and cheddar cheese. Only 15 minutes of cook time. This spicy pulled chicken makes a great sandwich or can be eaten low carb.
Love spicy food and looking for a new Instant Pot recipe? This is the one. Bacon, cheese, chicken and jalapenos are really such an incredible combination. You can’t help but love this dish.
How to make Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken:
This is a really easy recipe. No prep work, sauteing, or pre-cooking needed. Such easy clean-up. Just combine 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, some chicken broth, chopped pickled jalapenos, Ranch seasoning, pepper, and fresh jalapeno in the Instant Pot. I also add some liquid from the jar of pickled jalapenos. It adds wonderful flavor.
Pressure Cook for 15 minutes. It will take about 10 minutes for the pot to pressurize before this time starts counting down. So you have about 25 minutes to get something else done.
When you open the pot, there will be a good bit of liquid. I like a thick sauce, so I pour all the liquid into a large measuring cup and then pour about 1 cup back into the pot. I save the rest in case I need to thin the sauce some. Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese and place the lid back on. Give the cheese a few minutes to melt, then give it a good stir and shred the chicken with 2 forks. Add crumbled bacon and sliced green onions and it is ready to be enjoyed.
Which Instant Pot to use?
There are various models available. I use a 6-quart Instant Pot which is the perfect size. Mine can also be used as a slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, steamer and warmer.
This Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken can be eaten as a sandwich or wrapped in lettuce as a low carb meal. Serve it on slider buns for gameday.
HOW TO SERVE THIS RECIPE:
I love to serve it on buns but it also makes great tacos and many people like to serve it over tacos. For a low carb meal, serve it in lettuce cups.
Love Jalapeno Popper type recipes?
We have a few on our Youtube Channel like this Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole.
This spicy casserole is always a big hit with pepper heads.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Garlic Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Instant Pot Cream Cheese Spaghetti
- Instant Pot Creamy Cajun Pasta
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
Instant Pot Jalapeno Popper Shredded Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup jalapeno juice from jar of pickled jalapenos
- 1/4 cup chopped pickled jalapenos
- 1 fresh jalapeno, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Ranch seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces and softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place chicken in the Instant Pot and add chicken broth, jalapeno juice, pickled jalapenos, sliced jalapeno, Ranch seasoning, and pepper.
- Place lid on and set to Pressure Cook or "Manual" for 15 minutes.
- Do a quick pressure release. Pour all the liquid into a large glass measuring cup. Pour 1 cup back into the Instant Pot. (Save the rest in case you need to thin the sauce some.)
- Add the cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Set the lid back on and let it sit for 5 minutes to melt the cheese. Stir well.
- Shred the chicken. You can either shred it in the pot or remove it to a bowl or cutting board.
- Stir in bacon and green onions.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.