Comfort food doesn’t get any better than Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles with Mushrooms. The meat cooks up so flavorful and tender. With lots of mushrooms and egg noodles, this is a filling, one dish meal.
This Slow Cooker Beef and Noodles with Mushrooms recipe starts with a chuck roast. I love the flavor of a chuck roast and how inexpensive they are compared to some other cuts of beef. I take a few minutes to sear the chuck roast in a pan before adding it to the crock pot. I find the flavor is just so much better.
Montreal steak seasoning, salt, and pepper are used to flavor the chuck roast.
The chuck roast is cooked with a little red wine, onion, garlic, thyme and a bay leaf until tender. Once the chuck roast is done cooking, remove it from the crock pot and add beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, and frozen egg noodles to the crock pot and cook until the egg noodles are done.
Brown the mushrooms in some butter and then add them along with half a cup of heavy cream to the crock pot.
This is a bowl full of comfort food with tender chunks of meat, mushrooms, and egg noodles all in a creamy broth.
Try These Other Slow Cooker Beef Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Ropa Vieja
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Beef
- Crock Pot Pot Roast
- Crock Pot Cubed Steak and Gravy
- 1 (2 to 2 1/2-pound) boneless chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 tablespoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12 ounces frozen egg noodles (I use Reames)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 12 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Season chuck roast with steak seasoning, salt, and pepper. Heat oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Sear roast on all sides. Place in 6-quart slow cooker.
- Deglaze pan with wine, scraping up any browned bits. Pour into slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, thyme, and bay leaf to slow cooker. Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours or on LOW for 6 to 8 hours.
- Transfer roast to a cutting board and cover with foil.
- Add broth, Worcestershire sauce, and egg noodles to slow cooker. Stir, cover, and cook on high for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook until browned.
- Use 2 forks to shred the meat. The last 15 minutes of cooking, add mushrooms, meat, and heavy cream to slow cooker. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published December 4, 2107.
Recipe adapted from Cuisine Slow Cooker Menus.
More Slow Cooker Comfort Food
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.