Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken is covered in a creamy sauce with lots of lemon flavor and a few capers. Serve over angel hair pasta for an easy and delicious family meal.
The chicken breasts cook up so tender and both lemon juice and lemon zest give plenty of bright lemon flavor to the sauce. A little cornstarch added at the end helps thicken the sauce some so it coats the sauce perfectly.
A tablespoon of chicken bouillon gives lots of depth of flavor to the sauce.
I pan-fried the chicken quickly first to sear the outside, but you could skip this step and add the raw chicken directly to the crock pot.
The sauce is also flavored with dried basil and crushed red pepper flakes for just a little heat.
Serve Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken over angel hair pasta or rice for a meal the whole family will enjoy!
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- Crock Pot Cheesy Stuffing Chicken
- Crock Pot Catalina Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Crock Pot Creamed Chicken
Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 4 bonelsss, skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon chicken base
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in either a cast iron skillet or a nonstick skillet. Season chicken with salt and pepper and add to skillet.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place in 6 quart crock pot.
- Cut remaining 4 tablespoons of butter into 4 pieces and place a piece over each chicken breast.
- Add basil, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, and lemon zest. (Note: The lemon slices in the picture were added just before taking pictures for presentation. Only add the juice and the zest.)
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 hours or on HIGH for just under 2 hours.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the 1 cup of half-and-half to a small bowl and whisk in the cornstarch. Whisk into the rest of the half-and-half. Whisk in chicken base and add the capers.
- Add half-and-half mixture to crock pot. Mix it in and cover and cook on HIGH for 1 more hour.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from Dinner, Then Dessert
Looking for more slow cooker chicken dinners? You don’t want to miss the Crock Pot Creamy Tuscan Chicken. Watch the video below to see how to make it.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
10 thoughts on “Crock Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken”
I can’t wait to make this recipe as I’m looking for new dinner ideas that I can make in my crock pot. Can I substitute chicken stock for the chicken base? And what is chicken base? Is it a bullion cube? Thanks!
Excellent and instead of pasta I used riced caulifower
Easy and delicious. I added fresh mushrooms to the sauce in the last hour.
Delicious and loved by the whole family.
I made this recipe using chicken thighs instead of the breasts. It’s still cooking but it smells Heavenly.
I removed about 2/3 of the skin and visible fat from the thighs.
Hi! When do you add in the capers? Not listed above 🙂
Sorry ! I’ll fix that!
Can you use thin chicken breasts or do they have to be the fatter ones?
You can use thin chicken breasts and reduce the cooking time.
If you put the chicken in raw, is the cook time the same as searing it?