Slow Cooker Lemonade Chicken is an easy sweet and tangy crock pot chicken recipe that makes a great family meal.
Sweet and Tangy Sauce
Frozen lemonade concentrate combined with ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder creates a really flavorful sweet and sour sauce.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Lemonade Chicken
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts– if they are really huge and thick, cut each one in half horizontally into 2 thinner pieces.
- Frozen Lemonade Concentrate (thawed)- adds lots of sweet and sour lemon flavor.
- Ketchup– Chili Sauce (Heinz can be substituted).
- Brown Sugar– adds more sweetness.
- Apple Cider Vinegar– adds more sour flavor.
- Worcestershire Sauce– adds saltiness. Can substitute with soy sauce.
- Garlic Powder– can use 2 minced garlic cloves instead.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes– leave out if you don’t want it spicy.
- Cornstarch– used to thicken the sauce.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, you can use boneless, skinless chicken thighs but they will take slightly longer to cook. The plus side of chicken thighs is they tend to stay juicier than chicken breasts when slow cooked.
What Size Slow Cooker?
A 6-Quart Slow Cooker is perfect for this recipe. I use the Hamilton Beach 6-quart Set & Forget Programmable Slow Cooker.
How To Serve
How Long To Cook?
Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. In newer slow cookers, which tend to run hot, this should take 3 1/2 to 4 hours. If you have an older slow cooker or your breasts are really large, it could take 5 hours.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days and can be reheated in a microwave.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Tuscan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken
- Slow Cooker Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken
- Crockpot Catalina Chicken
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup thawed frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- chopped fresh parlsey, optional
- Place chicken in the bottom of a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together lemonade concentrate, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Pour mixture over chicken.Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Pour liquid in slow cooker into a saucepan. Stir together cornstarch with 2 tablespoons cold water. Whisk into the saucepan and bring mixture to a boil. Simmer for a few minutes to thicken.
- Pour sauce back over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.