Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken is swimming in a sauce that’s sweet, tangy, and a little spicy. A combination of fresh peaches and peach preserves gives this easy crockpot chicken lots of summer flavor.
I love using my slow cooker during the hot summer months. It is such an effortless way to cook without heating up the kitchen.
How To Serve Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken
My favorite way to serve Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken is on a bun with creamy coleslaw, but it also makes a great filling for tacos and burritos.
In addition to fresh peach and peach preserves, there’s also chipotle peppers in adobo sauce for some smoky heat and some tomato paste gives a tomato base to the sauce.
Use Chicken Thighs
I love to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs for this recipe. They are fattier than chicken breasts and stay wonderfully juicy even after hours in the slow cooker. You can use chicken breasts instead of thighs but they will cook a little faster and will have less flavor.
The chicken should shred easily when it is fully cooked. Slow cookers cook at different rates so use the cooking time as an estimate. If it won’t shred easily, it most likely needs to be cooked longer.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or frozen in a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
Great Sides For Serving With BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken
- Best Way To Cook Corn on the Cob
- Easy Macaroni Salad
- Southern Potato Salad
- Marinated Tomatoes
- Jalapeno Popper Deviled Eggs
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 1 ripe peach, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT chicken to a lightly greased slow cooker. Stir to mix.
- Add chicken and turn to coat in sauce.
- Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on HIGH for 3 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.