Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken- a sweet and spicy shredded chicken that makes a great sandwich. The chicken is wonderfully juicy and completely coated in a delicious sauce.
There’s no pre-cooking needed for this easy slow cooker recipe. Just add all the ingredients to the slow cooker and 4 to 6 hours later, you have deliciously flavored chicken that is super easy to shred.
Ingredients Needed For Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs. You can use bone-in if you wish. The bones can easily be removed and discarded at the end of cooking. Chicken breasts can be used instead, but they will not be as tender and juicy and flavorful. Also, keep in mind that chicken breasts take a little less time to cook.
- Cayenne Pepper– use more or less depending on how spicy you want it.
- Smoked Paprika and regular Paprika– add flavor and a beautiful red color.
- Garlic Powder– you can substitute 2 minced garlic cloves.
- Salt and Pepper
- Cornstarch– to thicken the sauce.
How Spicy Is This Recipe?
Two teaspoons of cayenne pepper gives the chicken medium heat. For extra spicy, add an extra teaspoon of cayenne. For less spicy just add 1 teaspoon.
Slow Cookers cook at different rates so use the cooking time as an estimate. It may be done in less than 4 hours. For best results, use an instant read thermometer. Chicken is done when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 F.
Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days or can be frozen in a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
- Slow Cooker Creamy Pesto Chicken
- Crock Pot Sticky Hawaiian Chicken
- Slow Cooker BBQ Peach Pulled Chicken
- Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken
- Slow Cooker Garlic Peach Chicken Legs
Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 to 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 6-quart slow cooker.Sprinkle cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, paprika, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt on chicken.
- Drizzle ketchup and honey on top of chicken.
- Place lid on and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Pour all the liquid into a saucepan. Mix cornstarch with a tablespoon of cold water and add to saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and pour sauce back over chicken.
2 thoughts on “Slow Cooker Hot Honey Chicken”
This is a 10 on a scale of 0 to 10. Delicious and so easy!
I can’t wait to try this recipe. I would like to know what type of bun was used?