Crock Pot Creamed Chicken is tender, juicy and full of flavor. Cream cheese and cream of mushroom soup create a rich and creamy sauce for the boneless chicken breasts which cook up so tender, you don’t even need a knife to cut them. A packet of Ranch seasoning mix provides plenty of flavor. I like to add in some fresh mushrooms to compliment the flavor of the mushroom soup. Serve over rice for an easy weeknight meal.
The crock pot is my favorite way to cook chicken. It comes out tender and juicy every time which is really hard to accomplish when cooking boneless chicken breasts using other cooking methods.
To make Creamy Crock Pot Chicken, I like to first cook the chicken with the ranch seasoning and just a bit of water. Since crock pot recipes tend to get watery and I like a thick and creamy sauce, after 3 hours I discard about half of the liquid. The chicken still has plenty of ranch flavor, but the sauce won’t be so watered down.
Then I add the mushrooms, cream cheese, and cream of mushroom soup and cook on LOW for another 1 to 1 /2 hours. The cream cheese gives the sauce so much richness and creaminess, and I don’t know about you, but a packet of Ranch seasoning on just about anything tastes great to me.
A packet of Italian Salad Dressing mix can be used instead of Ranch, and feel free to use cream of chicken soup instead of mushroom.
I feel certain a can of cheddar soup would be delicious as well. Some cheese flavor is always good. 🙂
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Crock Pot Creamed Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (if they are really large you may want to use 4)
- 1 (1-ounce) packet Ranch Dips mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (10.25-ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- Lightly coat a crock pot with cooking spray or use a crock pot liner.
- Place chicken breasts in crock pot. Sprinkle ranch seasoning on top. Add water to crock pot.
- Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 3 hours.
- Remove lid from crock pot. Discard about half of the liquid.
- Scatter mushrooms on top of chicken breasts.
- Sir together cream cheese and soup and pour on top of mushrooms. Place lid back on and continue to cook on LOW for 1 to 1/12 hours.
- Serve over rice or mashed potatoes
Want to Save This Recipe?
More Crock Pot Recipes
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
10 thoughts on “Crock Pot Creamed Chicken”
Absolutely love it!!! BUT!!! I forgot to soften thw cream cheese so i just cut it in small squares and layered that over the mushrooms. Then, instead of just boring cream of mushroom, i mixed together half a can of cream of mushroom, half a can of cream of chicken and a wee little bit more than a half of a can of cheddar chees sauce!!! Was kinda shredding when i was done so i guess you could say we had shredded chicken with creamy, cheesy mushroom sauce over long grain and wild rice…💚💚💚
Thanks for sharing your alterations Rhonda! Sounds delicious!
I a man trying this tonight but I am using a cream of chicken and mushroom soup with Italian seasoning and ranch
I know so many people who would really like this! I’ve been using the crock pot so much lately, and this looks so delicious.
Yummy! I love that creamy sauce 🙂
Love crock pot meals! Creamed chicken is a favorite in my family.
Love this creamy chicken! I am always looking for new crock pot recipes, this one is super tasty looking!
This is so incredibly creamy and dreamy! And your photos are STELLAR!!!
I love how creamy and creative this is! Yes to crock pot cookin’!!
This looks unreal- so creamy! Love it.