White Chicken Chili cooked in a crock pot is flavored with southwestern spices and makes a hearty and tasty meal with plenty of spice. This isn’t your ordinary chili. With a block of cream cheese, this is chili creamy style. And it makes the perfect comfort food.
Winter weather came late to South Carolina. I think we had the warmest December on record. But it is finally here. And when the cold weather sets in, there’s no better way to warm up than a bowl of chili. Especially if it has lots of spice and flavor.
This White Chicken Chili is the perfect change-up from a tomato-based chili. I could eat it once a week and not get tired of it.
Most of the seasoning comes from a packet of taco seasoning which makes flavoring the chili super easy. I’ve also added a diced jalapeno and a can of diced green chilies for more spice.
Northern beans add some substance and are in keeping with the “white” theme of this chili.
In addition to cream cheese, Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili also has cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese for plenty of cheesiness.
Add some frito chips or tortilla chips on top for some crunch. You can also add all kinds of other toppings: more cheese, green onions, cilantro, and maybe some avocado. The toppings really are the fun part. 🙂
Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Watch a short video to see how this recipe is made.
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is super creamy and cheesy with lots of southwestern flavor. Serve with crunchy Frito chips for a hearty winter meal.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 small can diced green chiles
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can chicken broth
- 2 cans northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- sliced green onions
- Frito chips
- Place onion and jalapeno in bottom of crock pot. Put chicken on top.
- Add green chiles, taco seasoning, chicken broth, and beans. Cover crock pot and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours.
- Add cream cheese and cook on LOW for 1 more hour.
- Add shredded cheese and stir until cheese melts, shredding the chicken as you stir. If cheese doesn't melt all the way, cover for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with green onions and Frito chips.
Kitchen Tools and Products I use to make this recipe:
Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart – since my old crock pot developed a crack, I have been using this one and I love it.
Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners– no clean-up if you use these liners and nothing sticks! 😆
More Chili Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.