Rotel Chili is the easiest chili recipe ever. Only 9 ingredients and 20 minutes of time needed. Perfect for when you need to warm up with a bowl of chili on a chilly evening.
Rotel tomatoes are one of my favorite recipe ingredients. They have so much more flavor than a regular can of diced tomatoes. You can buy regular Rotel Tomatoes, mild or Hot. The regular is spicy but not overly so. Choose which one to use based on the spice level you want your chili.
How To Make Rotel Chili
Brown the ground beef in a Dutch oven, adding the onion once you have it broken apart. Continue to cook until the onion is soft and the ground beef has no more pink. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 10 minutes That’s it. So easy!
Add Some Toppings
Chili is even better with lots of toppings. I like to add sour cream, shredded Mexican cheese, and chopped fresh cilantro. Diced avocado, red onion, and pickled jalapeno slices are other great toppings. If it is not spicy enough, try adding some Cholulu Hot Sauce. It’s my favorite hot sauce for serving with Tex-Mex.
I also like to serve it with either tortilla chips or cornbread.
Rotel Chili Recipe Tips
Make a double batch if you want to eat some now and freeze some for later.
I like to use 85 to 90% lean ground beef. Anything leaner tends to lack flavor.
Ground turkey or ground venison can be substituted for ground beef.
How To Store Leftovers and Freeze
Leftovers will keep for 4 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator or they can be frozen for up to 3 months. To freeze, first cool completely and then transfer to a freezer bag.
More Chili Recipes
- Dr. Pepper Chili
- Slow Cooker Brisket Chili
- Beef and Sweet Potato Chili
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Black-Eyed Pea and Sausage Chili
- Five-Alarm Chili
- Three Bean Chili
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 packet chili seasoning
- 1 (10-ounce) can Rotel tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ cup beef broth
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- sour cream, sliced green onion, shredded Mexcian cheese for topping
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a Dutch oven. Once you have the ground beef broken apart, add the onion. Continue to cook until the onion is soft and the ground beef has no more pink.Drain off grease.
- Add the remaining ingredients and simmer for 10 minutes.Season to taste with salt.
- Serve with toppings.