Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken is smoky with just the right amount of bourbon flavor. Made with boneless chicken thighs, the meat cooks up tender and juicy in just 4 to 6 hours in the slow cooker. It makes a delicious pulled chicken sandwich, especially with Buttermilk Coleslaw.
The sauce is sweet and tangy with a little heat and the bourbon and bacon add so much awesome flavor.
To make Crock Pot Bourbon Bacon Pulled Chicken , first make a spice rub of paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, and dry mustard. This can be made a day or 2 in advance and then you can have everything ready to cook in just a few minutes.
Rub the spice rub all over the chicken thighs (about 2 1/2 pounds). You can easily double the recipe to serve a crowd. Place the chicken thighs in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
Stir together 1 cup of your favorite BBQ Sauce (I like to use Stubb’s), 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup bourbon, and 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar. Pour this mixture over the chicken and sprinkle 6 slices of cooked and crumbled bacon on top. Cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours. The chicken will easily shred at this point with 2 forks and is ready to be eaten plain, on a sandwich, on top of a baked potato, or in a burrito.
Try These Pulled Pork Recipes
- Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Carolina-Style Pulled Pork
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 3-Ingredient Crock Pot Pork
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl. Rub on both sides of chicken thighs.
- Place chicken in a lightly greased 6-quart crock pot.
- Stir together bbq sauce, brown sugar, bourbon, and vinegar. Pour over chicken.
- Sprinkle bacon on top. Cover and cook on LOW for 4 to 6 hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe adapted from The Salty Marshmallow
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.