Only four ingredients needed to make this incredible Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork. Top with coleslaw and you have a fantastic BBQ Sandwich. This is one of my favorite pulled pork recipes and it is one of the easiest. The root beer really gives it a mouthwatering flavor.
An onion, a pork butt, a can of root beer are slow cooked for 8 to 10 hours. The root beer not only flavors the pork but helps tenderize it.
Next all the liquid gets discarded. This helps prevent the sauce from being too watery. The root beer flavor has already penetrated the pork.
Next, shred the pork, discarding any fatty pieces and add a bottle of your favorite bbq sauce. Let it cook for 30 minutes and you’re ready to plate it up.
You can use either a boneless pork butt, or a bone-in one for this Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork.
More Recipes Using Root Beer
Crock Pot Root Beer Pulled Pork
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) pork butt, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 (12-ounce) can root beer
- 1 medium sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle bbq sauce
- Place pork butt in a 6-quart or larger slow cooker. Add onion and root beer.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker. Discard all the liquid.
- Shred pork and return to slow cooker. Stir in the bbq sauce.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.