Root Beer Sloppy Joes make an easy, quick family meal that you can have on the table in no time. The root beer gives the sloppy joe mixture a slightly sweet, caramel flavor. They taste great served with sweet potato fries.
These homemade sloppy joes are so much better than sloppy joes made from a can.
Root Beer Sloppy Joes are on the sweet side and have so much flavor. They really take sloppy joes to a whole new level.
Onion and green pepper get cooked with some lean ground beef. Then a whole bunch of seasonings get added for lots of flavor: chili powder, garlic and onion powder, dried thyme, dry mustard, and salt and pepper. Plus ketchup and 1/2 a cup of root beer. Simmer everything for about 10 minutes and your meal is ready!
I like to serve this sloppy joe mixture on a bun, but it also makes a great topping for baked potatoes.
More Recipes Using Root Beer
Watch the short video below to see how to make Root Beer Sloppy Joes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup root beer
- 4 buns
- Crumble and cook ground beef in a large nonstick skillet until no longer pink. Drain off fat.
- Add onion and bell pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, dry mustard, salt, pepper, ketchup, and root beer. Reduce heat and simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until nice and thick.
- Serve on buns.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.