3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork- Only 3 ingredients are needed for this super easy but delicious slow cooker meal: a Boston Butt, a bottle of barbecue sauce, and a can of Coke. That’s all.
Put these 3 ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and at the end of the day you have tender pulled barbecue pork that can be utilized in numerous ways for easy weeknight meals. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Literally!
Pulled pork is perfectly suited for the slow cooker. Low and slow is the best way to cook it.
3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork Recipe Tips:
- There is no need to pre-sear the pork.
- If all you can find is a bone-in pork butt, that is fine. When the cooking time is done, the bone will be easy to remove and discard.
- My favorite way to serve 3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork is on a bun with some creamy, sweet slaw. Delicious! This is a great coleslaw recipe for serving with pulled pork- Buttermilk Coleslaw.
- You should get 8 servings or so of pulled pork, so you’ll most likely have plenty left over for a second meal. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
- This is a great recipe to cook when you are going to be gone from the house all day. There is virtually no risk in overcooking a pork butt.
- Use your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce and you can use Dr. Pepper or even root beer instead of coke.
Whichever you choose, this is a delightful meal for a busy December day! Leaves you more time for shopping and baking cookies. 🙂
Note: as with any crockpot pork, the sauce tends to get a little watery. If you like lots of thick barbecue sauce on your pork, have an extra jar of barbecue sauce on hand and add some just before serving.
Try These other Amazing Pulled Pork Recipes:
- Slow Cooker Carolina-Style Pulled Pork
- Slow Cooker Mississippi Pulled Pork
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Pulled Pork
- Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless Boston Butt
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can coke
- Place Boston Butt in a 6-quart slow cooker, fat side up. Pour barbecue sauce and coke on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Meat should shred easily with a fork.
- Remove pork from crockpot and place in a large bowl or on a large plate. Shred with 2 forks. Discard any chunks of fat.
- Skim fat from sauce and return pork to crockpot.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Originally published Dec 10, 2013.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
17 thoughts on “3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork”
Am making it as I type this, why do you have to put it back in crockpot? No reason why and how long to leave it in.
Return shredded pork to crockpot is to keep the shredded meat from drying out. The dish can then be spooned onto a bun. Hope this helps.
Can you use Diet Coke?
Looks good to me. Like i need another reason not to convert to mohammeisem.
Recipe: “3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork” – Instructions #4 – to return pork back to crockpot – Asking: WHY ??
Am I missing something ??
Yum, can’t wait til I get to take all of our wedding presents (my crockpot being one of them) out of my mother-in-law’s basement and put them in our new house! Just a few months to go… This sounds great 🙂
Does this sandwich ever look good! It doesn’t get much easier or much better than pulled pork, Christin — looks fabulous!
I love easy meals like this now that I’m so so busy. Thanks for sharing, Christine, I’ll definitely be trying this soon ;–)
Three ingredients is the only way to go!! Looks absolutely delicious!
We love pulled pork! And I’ve loved putting my slow cooker to use more lately! I have got to try this – it cannot get better or easier than 3-ingredients. This totally frees up time for more cookie- making. ; ) Thank you!
This is exactly the type of recipe I need right now! When life gets crazy, I abandon cooking, but this is easier and faster than grabbing my usual Chipotle bowl. Looks delicious Christin!
This sandwich looks so tasty Christin! I am a big fan of easy crockpot meals and love that this only has three ingredients – sounds delicious with the creamy slaw 🙂
This recipe is on! I can’t wait to get the crockpot going! Also love that little pickle on top, too cute.
Now this is the kind of recipe I need! Super delicious AND super easy! Thank you for sharing! We’ll be making this soon!
Anything that takes three ingredients is a winner in my book! Love this!
I actually made this and EVERYONE loved it! Another thing is that it so delicious leftover!
Game day! Go SC Gamecocks! So glad I found this way to do our southern tradition of pulled pork! Go Cocks!