Only 3 ingredients are needed for this super easy but delicious slow cooker meal: a Boston Butt, a bottle of barbecue sauce, and a can of Coke. That’s all.
Put these 3 ingredients in your crockpot in the morning and at the end of the day you have tender pulled barbecue pork that can be utilized in numerous ways for easy weeknight meals. It’s as easy as 1-2-3. Literally!
My favorite way to serve 3-Ingredient Crockpot Pork is on a bun with some creamy, sweet slaw. Delicious!
You should get 8 servings or so of pulled pork, so you’ll most likely have plenty left over for a second meal. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for at least 3 days.
Use your favorite bottle of barbecue sauce and you can use Dr. Pepper or even root beer instead of coke.
Whichever you choose, this is a delightful meal for a busy December day! Leaves you more time for shopping and baking cookies. 🙂
Note: as with any crockpot pork, the sauce tends to get a little watery. If you like lots of thick barbecue sauce on your pork, have an extra jar of barbecue sauce on hand and add some just before serving.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) boneless Boston Butt
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can coke
- Place Boston Butt in a 6-quart slow cooker, fat side up. Pour barbecue sauce and coke on top.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Meat should shred easily with a fork.
- Remove pork from crockpot and place in a large bowl or on a large plate. Shred with 2 forks. Discard any chunks of fat.
- Skim fat from sauce and return pork to crockpot.