Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken makes the perfect base for quesadillas, burritos, nachos, salads, or it’s delicious served on a bun with coleslaw. Tender pieces of shredded chicken are swimming in a flavorful sauce that is smoky, sweet and spicy.
This crock pot recipe has a fairly long ingredient list but it is worth measuring them all out. They sure give this slow cooker chicken a ton of flavor. Plus, this is a dump and go crock pot recipe and it only takes about 10 minutes or less to prep.
Ketchup forms the base of this sauce and it, together with a little brown sugar and molasses gives the sauce a sweet taste which really complements the smokey heat of the chipotle peppers.
Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken only needs about about 4 hours on LOW in the crock pot, but crock pot cooking times vary a lot so go with what you know about your crock pot.
There’s tons of intensely flavored sauce to spoon over the chicken once you shred it. Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken makes a great filling for quesadillas and you can turn leftovers into an easy lunch in no time at all.
More Crock Pot Chicken Recipes
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow or spicy mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1-2 chipotle peppers, chopped plus 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Combine all ingredients except chicken in a 6-quart slow cooker. Stir.
- Add chicken and turn to coat it in sauce. If chicken breasts are very large, cut them in half.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Shred chicken with 2 forks.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Adapted from Taste of Home
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.