Crockpot Honey Soy Chicken with Broccoli- shredded chicken breasts and broccoli florets are cooked in a sweet and sticky sauce. Serve over rice for a home-cooked meal that is much better than takeout.
What busy mom (or dad) doesn’t love a good crockpot recipe? There’s no other kitchen appliance or gadget that makes putting a hot cooked meal on the table such a snap.
This Crockpot Honey Soy Chicken with Broccoli has all the flavors of Chinese take out, but is much healthier since boneless, skinless chicken breasts are used and nothing is fried.
It’s a little sweet and a little salty and the whole family is sure to enjoy it. Add some broccoli the last few minutes to boost the nutritional value, add some crunch and color, and really make this a one pot meal. To simplify this meal even more, use boil in a bag rice.
- Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts.
- Leftovers will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days. Reheat in microwave.
- Can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator and then reheat in the microwave.
Do you have a favorite crockpot recipe?
Crockpot Honey Soy Chicken with Broccoli is such a deliciously easy slow cooker recipe.
More Asian-Style Recipes To Try
- Crock Pot Mongolian Beef and Pineapple
- Thai Chicken Pasta
- Instant Pot Honey Sesame Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Asian Garlic Tofu
- Spicy Shrimp Udon
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 5 cups chopped broccoli florets
- hot cooked rice
- sesame seeds and green onions for garnish
- Place chicken in a crockpot and top with diced onion.
- In a medium bowl, mix together soy sauce, honey, tomato paste, ginger, vinegar, garlic, sesame oil, and red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from crockpot and shred. Set aside.
- Combine cornstarch and water in a small bowl and whisk well. Add to crockpot along with broccoli. Cover and cook on high 5-10 minutes.
- Add chicken back to crockpot and let it sit to soak up the flavor of the sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with rice and garnish with sesame seeds and green onions.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.