Thai Chicken Pasta is made with chunks of white chicken meat, carrots, a sweet, salty and spicy peanut sauce, and linguine. This Asian-style noodle dish is so much better than take out and it can be made in less than 20 minutes!
The dish is sprinkled with chopped peanuts for a little crunch and more peanut flavor plus some chopped fresh cilantro.
My favorite thing about this Thai Chicken Pasta is it has an ample amount of sauce for maximum flavor. The noodles are swimming in sauce.
To make this dish quickly and efficiently, bring a pot of water to a boil to cook the linguine.
Meanwhile, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small saucepan, bring to a boil, and simmer for 1 minute. Set the sauce aside while you cook the chicken. The sauce is a delicious mixture of peanut butter, hoisin sauce, honey, soy sauce, oyster sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, ginger, and red pepper flakes. It’s a whole lot of ingredients and they really pack the flavor.
Next chop two chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces and cook in vegetable oil until browned and cooked through. Add the carrots the last minute or so of cooking the chicken so they get a little soft.
To finish, toss the noodles, sauce, and chicken together in a bowl. So easy! Sprinkle with green onions, peanuts, and cilantro on top and dish it up.
More Take Out-Fake Out
- Mongolian Beef
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- General Tso’s Chicken
- Thai-Style Noodles with Chicken and Broccolini
Thai Chicken Pasta
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 pound linguine, cooked
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 1 minute.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until done. Add carrots to pan about 1 minute before chicken is finished cooking. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, toss together sauce, pasta, and chicken. Sprinkle green onions, peanuts, and cilantro on top.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
7 thoughts on “Thai Chicken Pasta”
Looks so yummy. Can you use something in place of oyster sauce
This is the second Thai recipe I have tried. I followed the instructions but mine was so very thick and much darker than th picture. I can say that it is the better of the two recipes
Followed exactly (even doubled the recipe)…. it turned out great!! Just starting to get into cooking more Asian type dishes and this one is a keeper 😀
Delicious, better than Thai food from a restaurant. Simple recipe, easy to follow the instructions. Really enjoyed the dish and I certainly will prepare it again. Thanks you for the recipe.
Delish!!! I added steamed, from frozen, Asian veggies.
I added some julienned red pepper and some hot sauce… I thought the sauce could have been thinner. Next time, I’ll up the vinegar 😊
Great flavor, however the sauce was super thick and sticky. I recommend less peanut butter.