Creamy Chicken Lasagna with a creamy white sauce, lots of diced chicken, lots of cheese and some spinach, is the perfect comfort food for company. It is so incredibly rich!
What’s to love about Creamy Chicken Lasagna?
This Italian meal works equally well for a family meal or a special occasion. Leftovers reheat well.
It can be assembled in advance and refrigerated until you are ready to bake it.
A full 8 ounces of cream cheese in the sauce make this an ultra-rich and decadent lasagna.
Lasagna has always been one of my favorite comfort foods and I especially can’t resist a lasagna with a creamy white sauce instead of a tomato sauce.
You’ll need 4 cups of cooked diced or shredded chicken for this recipe. I use rotisserie chicken, but you could poach some or bake some. You can use all white meat, all dark meat, or a combinaton of both.
I like to add a package of chopped spinach and some mushrooms for some veggie action, but you could leave them out or substitute 1 cup of finely chopped steamed broccoli or cauliflower.
What to serve with Creamy Chicken Lasagna?
- This is an ultra rich recipe so I typically just serve it with a garden salad with Creamy Italian Dressing.
- If I need to serve a large crowd and stretch it a little, I’ll add some Pepperoncini Garlic Bread.
- Steamed broccoli also goes well with it.
More Awesome Lasagna Recipes:
- Make-Ahead Lasagna
- Skillet Lasagna
- Cajun Shrimp Lasagna Roll-Ups
- Ham Lasagna
- Lasagna Stuffed Peppers
Ricotta/Cottage Cheese Mixture
- 2 cups cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry in paper towels
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley.
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup diced yellow or sweet onion
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked in salted water and drained
- 4 cups finely chopped cooked chicken
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Combine all the ricotta cheese mixture ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside. (Can be done 24 hours in advance and refrigerated.)
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and cook until browned. Season with salt and pepper and remove to a bowl.
- Add remaining 4 tablespoons of butter to the now empty skillet. Add onion and cook 3 minutes to soften.
- Add garlic and cook 1 more minute.
- Add flour. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in chicken broth and then milk. Bring to a simmer and then simmer for 2 minutes to thicken.
- Cut cream cheese into pieces and add to the sauce. Stir until melted. Remove from heat. Season to taste with salt and pepper and add the mushrooms.
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan. Spread 1 cup of sauce in the bottom. Top with 4 lasagna noodles.
- Spread half the ricotta mixture on top of the noodles. Top with half the diced chicken.
- Spread 1/3 of the remaining sauce on the chicken. Top with 1/3 of the mozzarella and 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese.
- Top with another layer of noodles. Spread the remaining ricotta mixture on the noodles. Top with remaining chicken.
- Top with another 1/3 of the sauce, followed by another 1/3 of the mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Lay the final layer of noodles and spead the remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and Parmesan on top.
- Spray the underside of a piece of aluminum foil with cooking spray and place it on the lasagna.Bake covered in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
Want to Save This Recipe?