Pizza Lasagna- this cheesy lasagna has all your favorite pizza toppings. There’s sausage, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and olives. So many flavors!
In addition to sausage, pepperoni, onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, and olives, I also use pizza sauce to make this lasagna taste even more like pizza.
- Lasagna Noodles– you need regular, uncooked lasagna noodles. Boil them, cooking them to al dente. They will cook a little more in the oven.
- Ricotta Cheese– It gets mixed with an egg and Parmesan cheese to make a creamy cheese layer. You can use cottage cheese if you prefer. I actually like cottage cheese better than ricotta in lasagna. Which is weird because I don’t care for plain cottage cheese.
- Mozzarella Cheese– It’s not lasagna without mozzarella cheese!
- Seasonings– I use dried Italian seasoning for this lasagna. It is such a convenient ingredient and I use it in all kinds of things. You could also add some chopped fresh basil.
- Pizza Toppings– I add all your typical pizza toppings- sausage, pepperoni, mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, and olives.
- Sauce– You can use jarred marinara sauce or pizza sauce, but I prefer a jar of pizza sauce combined with a drained can of diced tomatoes.
If you do not like any of the pizza toppings, just leave them out. It’s totally up to you.
How To Make Pizza Lasagna Spicy
Use Hot Italian Sausage and add a pinch or two of crushed red pepper flakes to the sauce.
What To Serve With Pizza Lasagna
- Pepperoncini Garlic Bread
- Garden Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing
- Marinated Shrimp, Tomato, and Mozzarella Salad
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 days. The assembled and unbaked lasagna can be frozen for up to 2 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and then bake.
More Pizza Favorites
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (15-ounce) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 1 (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese or cottage cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (6-ounce) package pepperoni slices
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile preheat oven to 350 degrees and brown and crumble the sausage in a large nonstick skillet.Remove sausage from skillet and set aside. Leave grease in the skillet.
- Cook onion and mushrooms in sausage grease until onion is soft and mushrooms are brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return sausage to skillet and add pizza sauce and diced tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ricotta cheese, egg, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning.
- Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/3 cup of sauce mixture in bottom of baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles over the sauce.Spoon half the ricotta mixture over the noodles.
- Top with 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese, followed by 1/3 of the pepperoni slices and 1/3 of the remaining sauce.
- Place a second layer of noodles in the baking dish, followed by the remaining ricotta mixture, 1 cup of mozzarella, another 1/3 of the pepperoni slices, and another 1/3 of the sauce.
- Place the final layer of noodles on top and spread the remaining sauce on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella cheese on top.Arrange the remaining pepperoni slices on top.Sprinkle on the green pepper and black olives.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly. Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.