Bourbon Pecan Chicken is covered in a lick your plate clean sauce. The flavor of bourbon and pecans plus dijon mustard and honey combine to make a fantastically delicious meal. Great served with mashed potatoes and green beans!
Bourbon and pecans are two ingredients I love to use for fall cooking and they complement each other so well.
Boneless chicken breasts are coated in a mixture of honey and Dijon mustard and then coated in a mixture of finely chopped pecans and bread crumbs. They are pan-fried until golden brown and then they finish cooking in the oven so they stay moist and juicy.
An easy and quick sauce is made from honey, bourbon, Dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, bourbon, heavy cream, plus pecans.
This is a meal that’s fancy enough for company, but also tastes like down-home comfort food. The sauce is just a little sweet and a little spicy with lots of buttery, crunchy pecans.
Tips For Making:
- You’ll cut each chicken breast in half horizontally to yield 2 thinner pieces. So 2 chicken breasts will give you 4 servings. Since chicken breasts are so much larger than they use to be, cutting them into thinner pieces makes them easier and quicker to cook.
- This recipe calls for 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper which will give the chicken a little heat. If you like really spicy food, add 1/2 a teaspoon.
Never miss a recipe. Sign up HERE for the Spicy Southern Kitchen Newsletter.
Watch the short video below to see how easy this recipe is to make.
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, divided
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in half horizontally into 2 thinner pieces
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Combine finely chopped pecans and bread crumbs in a large ziptop bag. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and brush the honey/dijon mixture on both sides.
- One at a time, add a chicken breast to the pecan/bread crumb mixture, shaking the bag to coat it well.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat butter and oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden brown on both sides.
- Transfer chicken to a casserole dish and place in oven to finish cooking, about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Wipe pan clean. Add bourbon, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard, heavy cream, cayenne pepper and pecans to pan. Simmer for about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter until melted.
- Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.