Banana Pudding Cheesecake has a Vanilla Wafer crust and a creamy banana filling flavored with fresh bananas and brown sugar. Makes a showstopper dessert.
This creamy dessert flavored with fresh banana is a combination of two of my favorite desserts- cheesecake and banana pudding. I’m a huge fan of banana pudding anything and everything. In the past I’ve made Banana Pudding Pancakes, Banana Pudding Bars, Banana Pudding Cupcakes, Banana Pudding Cake, Twinkie Banana Pudding and Banana Pudding Ice Cream.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake starts off with a vanilla wafer crust – because it’s not banana pudding without nilla wafers 🙂 . Just to make sure there’s enough Nilla Wafer goodness a ring of whole vanilla wafers is placed along the circumference of the springform pan. If you wanted even more vanilla wafers in your Banana Pudding Cheesecake, you could also do a layer of them in the middle of the filling.
Tips for making Banana Pudding Cheesecake:
The original recipe, which came from Southern Living, called for baking the crust before the filling is added, but I skipped this step and it turned out fine. No need to do extra work :). Plus I find crusts made out of vanilla wafers can get a little hard to cut through if they are precooked.
It’s best to use ripe, but not overripe bananas for this cheesecake.
The filling is creamy and rich with just the right amount of banana flavor. Top the cheesecake off with whipped cream and vanilla wafers and you have a showstopper southern dessert that would be perfect to serve for Easter.
Try These Other Banana Pudding Recipes:
Never miss a recipe. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on Pinterest and Facebook.
Watch the short video below to see how easy it is to make this cheesecake.
Banana Pudding Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed vanilla wafers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup butter , melted
- 17 vanilla wafers
- 2 ripe bananas, diced
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese , softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream and vanilla wafers for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together crushed vanilla wafers, chopped pecans, and melted butter. Press into bottom of a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Stand 17 vanilla wafers around edge of pan with rounded sides facing outward. Press them gently into the crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine bananas (both diced and mashed) and lemon juice. Stir in brown sugar, using 2 tablespoons if your bananas are super ripe and 3 tablespoons if they are medium ripe. Cook over medium heat until brown sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese at medium speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Gradually add granulated sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time and stopping to scrape down sides of bowl after each addition. Do not over beat. Only beat until most of yellow disappears before adding next egg.
- Beat in vanilla extract.
- Stir banana mixture in until evenly mixed. Pour batter into springform pan on top of crust.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until center is almost set. Jiggle the pan to check.
- Turn oven off, open door about 6 inches and leave cheesecake in oven to cool for about 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake to counter to cool for another 30 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 8 hours before serving.
- Garnish with whipped cream and vanilla wafers.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Recipe Source: adapted from Southern Living
More Cheesecake Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
98 thoughts on “Banana Pudding Cheesecake”
Love this recipe and my family loves it as well! I use 3 bananas but I mash them all and I also add banana cream jello pudding mix to fortify that banana flavor
Made this for the first time. Everyone at work requested I bring for pitch ins from now on. It is amazing!
This is my go to cake if I am invited to a cook out or over the holidays,has never let me down!
Tip I always place an ovenproof pan.of water on bottom of oven,prevents cracking, learnt this in Germany where it is often baked.
I have made this numerous times and it’s amazing. I haven’t and won’t look any further for a different recipe.
First time recipe! Served to a group of friends and several have requested the recipe. A perfect combination of an all-time southern favorite and always popular cheesecake.
I haven’t made it yet,
but honey bun( husband) is picking up the ingredients we don’t have. Spicy Southern Kitchen got my Subscribed with Everything Banana Pie…..oh yes. I am tied with Everything Coconut, absolutely obsessed, except for Shreded Coconut 🥥, Coconut water. Try finding a Coconut cream pie ANYTHING without shredded Coconut 🥥. Maybe one day you’ll except the challenge
Hi what can you use instead of wafers (from uk) any alternatives.?
I bet a shortbread would be a good alternative.
I made this cheesecake this past weekend. OMG! It was so good! And I am amazed how easy it was to make!! Wonderful dessert!!
This is a fantastic recipe. Very easy to make and was a hit with my co-workers. LOVE… LOVE…
Will most definitely make again.
I made this cheesecake for a 4th of July gathering. I did top with caramelized banana coins. I used brown sugar and butter. Then topped with whipping cream and banana slices and vanilla wafers. I also made this with gluten free vanilla wafers. EXCELLENT!
I just baked this cheesecake for 4th of July celebration. It is still 2 days ahead. Can I freeze it? Everyone is excited about it.
Almost forgot to leave a review!!! I made this for my boyfriends family on Easter and it was a hit!! Got so many compliments :)) I followed the recipe exactly as listed and it turned out perfect. Will definitely be making again and trying out some more of your recipes.. thank you so much!!! ❤️
I DID IT!!! It smells amazing.
I don’t have a springfoam pan, is there an alternative? I dont have enough time to order online.
I DID IT!!! It smells amazing. Can’t wait to
Just made this with Chessman cookies . Phenomenal !
This recipe is fool proof. The flavor taste great and the cheesecake is always perfectly done. I also use this recipe as a base for other flavors like vanilla bean or strawberry swirl.