Nutella Cheesecake is fabulously creamy, rich, and smooth with lots of Nutella flavor and an oreo crust. One bite and you’ll think you’ve died and gone to heaven. You won’t find a more decadent cheesecake and if you’re a Nutella fan, this is a must try recipe.
Nutella cheesecake is a cheesecake you’ll want to make for a special occasion because it is fabulously indulgent. In addition to a creamy Nutella filling, there’s also a rich chocolate ganache on top. The oreo crust has hazelnuts in it for extra flavor.
Tips for making Nutella Cheesecake:
- Use a quality springform pan and wrap the bottom and sides with aluminum foil just in case it leaks. This is also important if you use a water bath.
- Use a water bath for more even cooking and hopefully no crack on top. But no worries if it does crack a little. The ganache will hide it.
- Don’t overbeat the filling once you add the eggs. It will just whip air into the batter which will cause the cheesecake to puff up as it bakes.
- Don’t overbake the cheesecake. It will still be a little jiggly when you remove it from the oven but it will firm up as it cools.
More Nutella Desserts
- Nutella Fudge Bars
- Banana Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
- Nutella Gooey Butter Cake
- No-Bake Nutella Pie
- 26 oreo cookies
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Nutella
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place oreos and hazelnuts in a food processor and process until evenly ground.
- Drizzle melted butter in while pulsing the food processor.
- Wrap outside of a 9-inch springform pan with aluminum foil and set it on a baking tray. Press oreo mixture into bottom of the pan and slightly up the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes, placing the baking tray in the oven too in case anything leaks out.
- Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually beat in sugar.
- Add heavy cream, vanilla, and salt and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl to make sure everything is mixed evenly.
- Beat in Nutella.
- Add eggs and stir to mix them in with a rubber spatula. You don't want to overmix at this point.
- Pour batter on top of crust. Place cheesecake inside a roasting pan. Be sure the bottom and sides of springform pan are wrapped well with aluminum foil. Pour water into the roasting pan so that it comes halfway up the cheesecake. Note; Instead of doing this, you can place a roasting pan filled with water.on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Bake cheesecake for 60 minutes. Turn oven off. Do not open the door. Leave cheesecake in oven for 60 more minutes.
- Remove cheesecake from waterbath and run a knife around the sides. Remove the sides of the springform pan. Refrigerate overnight.
- To make glaze, place Nutella in a bowl. Bring cream to a simmer and pour over Nutella. Whisk until smooth. Pour over cheesecake. Use an offset spatula to spread it evenly.
Recipe adapted from Baked By An Introvert